Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P Pro Trigger too light for Production?

Heathen

I hope I've put this in the right place. I did a search but unfortunately came up with nothing.

I'm planning on shooting my M&P Pro in IPSC Production but my trigger pull is consistently 4.5 lbs or less (after a good cleaning I managed to get it down to ~4).

Is this a common problem? Does Smith and Wesson make heavier springs? I understand there are APEX springs but I'm under the impression that they aren't legal for Production.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

You can't swap in any aftermarket springs or put in Apex parts in IPSC Production (IPSC is much more strict than USPSA in that area). If it's consistently measuring 4.5 lbs you may be SOL given the 5 lbs minimum rule.

The only thing that MIGHT save you is if you can swap in factory parts from other S&W models. Put in a standard sear-group from another M&P (non-Pro) and it'll probably bump over 5 lbs with factory parts. Just need to check whether that is allowable.

Edited by MGMorden

I would just get a stock sear, do the overtravel cut and leave the sear engagement part stock. with this, you should get a 5# + trigger

Doing an overtravel cut on a stock sear goes quite a bit beyond the "minor detailing" that's allowed in IPSC PD.