Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Gun Nation Tour 2012

3GN Pro # 1 – St. Augustine, FL, presented by Stag Arms

3GN Pro # 3 – Covington, GA, presented by Stag Arms

So if you don't get into both of these matches you are done-done.

Registration for the first match should be interesting.

David E.

It won't be interesting. You have to be invited. The only thing that will be interesting is if they can't find 64 shooters to shoot. But I doubt that will happen. I am really excited about the one day format. Fly in Friday after work. Shoot Saturday and fly home Saturday night or Sunday morning.

What will be interesting is that 3 of the point series matches are already full and now there is no way to get in them. Hell one of them is capped at 125 shooters. I guess with Leupold as a match sponsor and it being on the west coast it got included to make certain folks happy???

But thats just for the division championships... To qualify for the 3GN shoot-off finale you have to shoot the two mandatory matches and one of LaRue, ProAm or FNH.

All other matches have no bearing for any shoot-offs, only for the $5k divisional prizes...

That would suck! Get into the top 64 ast year but miss registration for the other matches to get into the finale. LOL!!! Sounds like I will ahve to recruit an army to get me into the timed event at ProAm registration again.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But thats just for the division championships... To qualify for the 3GN shoot-off finale you have to shoot the two mandatory matches and one of LaRue, ProAm or FNH.

All other matches have no bearing for any shoot-offs, only for the $5k divisional prizes...

That would suck! Get into the top 64 ast year but miss registration for the other matches to get into the finale. LOL!!! Sounds like I will ahve to recruit an army to get me into the timed event at ProAm registration again.

Im assuming they will have 64 slots at the FNH match so that the "Pros" at least are guaranteed to get their three matches, I doubt LaRue or ProAm will do the same so managing to get into those two matches will definitely be beneficial.

I wonder what this will do to participation for SMM3G and Iron Man, since a lot of the top 64 were probably planning on shooting both those two matches, but the first 3GN match is the weekend after SMM3G and the second match the weekend after Iron Man...

Edited by gose

Does anyone else see buzzards circling this?

Oh well, I liked shooting TI better than watching TV anyway.

Maybe the Hornady divisional thing is a way to recognize those other divisions.

I wish 3GN the best of luck, they are great guys.

Edited by Lead-Head

Am I reading this wrong or does it sound like 3GN will be deciding who the Elite 64 shooters are for 2012 and 2013.

How do you break into the series if you have the time and money now you didn't have in 2011 to make a showing.

Am I reading this wrong or does it sound like 3GN will be deciding who the Elite 64 shooters are for 2012 and 2013.

How do you break into the series if you have the time and money now you didn't have in 2011 to make a showing.

Based on the other thread in the rules forum, it sounds like they sent emails to the top 64 overall from last season.

Edited by aheadofthecurve

Based on the other thread in the rules forum, it sounds like they sent emails to the top 64 overall from last season.

Yeah, if you didnt place in the top 100 or so last season, youre probably SOL for 2012, but sounds like there will be some qualification events for 2013.

Is there a difference in the Pro Series and Divisional Series as far as getting into the matches without being in last years top 64? How about an Am series shooting the same stages the next day?

That's what I'm wondering.

They also just flooded Tac optics with the best 3 gun shooters in the country at all the major matches.

I'm not reading it that way. The two required 3GN Produced matches sound like they are invite only. The FNH, Texas MG, and Rockcastle Pro-Am are the only three that qualify for the Pro-Tour and require Tac Ops. Everything else will be the same, Open, Limited, HM etc for the Hornady Divisional thing. I don't think it will have a huge effect on the three non-3GN produced matches. Some but not that bad. The other matches will give the opportunity to shoot whatever Division you think you have the best chance of winning overall in.

At least that's my read.

Will be interesting to see more info once it is posted on 3GN. To be honest I see some great advancements into the format and layout from last year and I also see some bad in it.

I dont understand what the purpose of running a invitational only 64 shooter eventis for and by doing so gives the top 64 2 more chances to earn more points in a already tough series over everyone.

As stated the new shooters or guys just on the cusp are kicked back to the curb.

Will be interesting to see more info once it is posted on 3GN. To be honest I see some great advancements into the format and layout from last year and I also see some bad in it.

I dont understand what the purpose of running a invitational only 64 shooter eventis for and by doing so gives the top 64 2 more chances to earn more points in a already tough series over everyone.

As stated the new shooters or guys just on the cusp are kicked back to the curb.

Once more, unless you were in the top 64 in 2011 you can NOT qualify for the 2012 3GN shoot-off finale in Vegas OR get into any of the other shoot-offs held after the qualifying host matches (LaRue, FN, Texas MG).

3 Gun Nation 2012 is for the 64 invited shooters ONLY and those are thr only ones eligible to make it into any shoot-offs.

Edited by gose

Your probabally right Chuck. I may be reading too much into it. Guess I am also looking at the first big match on my schedule, Texas MG.

That one might be heavy. You could always skip it and come shoot the USPSA MG Nats since we weren't included this year. :goof:

Too bad I'm already registered. Another big one I was looking at is The Rockcastle ProAm ...

Guess it will give me some motivation to train harder this year!

But the Divisional series is open to anyone. Feel free to have at that. And the Invitational matches aren't part of that.

Hornady will award $5,000 for the overall points winner of the following divisions: Open, Tactical Optics, Tactical Iron, Heavy Metal and Heavy Metal Optics. 3GN Divisional Points will be awarded at the following 3GN divisional matches: Superstition Mountain Mystery 3-Gun, Rocky Mountain 3-Gun, CMMG Midwest 3-Gun, MGM Ironman, Leupold & Warne Northwest Multigun Challenge, Adams Arms Ozark 3-Gun, Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun.

Interesting that the matches included in the Pro tour are NOT included in the divisional series matches...

Probably to avoid that concern and not give the top 64 an unfair advantage with matches the rest of us can't get into. I actually think it's a pretty good way of doing it.

I was thinking of Texas MG, FN and ProAm, not the other two matches.

I hopped around divisions some trying new stuff and finished outside the overall points series requirements. This sounds cool and hope that those near top get a chance to be a alternate. Sounds cool and it will be fun to watch!

That's what I'm wondering.

They also just flooded Tac optics with the best 3 gun shooters in the country at all the major matches.

I'm not reading it that way. The two required 3GN Produced matches sound like they are invite only. The FNH, Texas MG, and Rockcastle Pro-Am are the only three that qualify for the Pro-Tour and require Tac Ops. Everything else will be the same, Open, Limited, HM etc for the Hornady Divisional thing. I don't think it will have a huge effect on the three non-3GN produced matches. Some but not that bad. The other matches will give the opportunity to shoot whatever Division you think you have the best chance of winning overall in.

At least that's my read.

That's what I'm seeing too. The "Pro's" or anybody wishing to become a "Pro" will shoot TO at LaRue, ProAm, and FNH. Them at all the other matches everyone will jump divisions all year jockeying for the best chance to win the $5,000 divisional money. I can see myself hauling 9 guns to every match and deciding on my division once I see the squad list.

It should be really exciting!!!

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

That's what I'm seeing too. The "Pro's" or anybody wishing to become a "Pro" will shoot TO at LaRue, ProAm, and

No need to shoot TO at those matches to shoot the Pro Tour in 2013

For 2013 there will be a qualification event, not a point series, for new shooters as well as old ones not making the cut...

Where you finish in those three matches will only matter if youre already in the 64, for everyone else it does not.

Edited by gose