Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Online Match Registration System

38SuperDub

Hey guys - I'm working with a way to develop an online match registration system for MD's to use for local matches - exportable to excel in CSV - eventually I will work on getting it properly formatted for ezWin. My first question is - would this be something you would use for local matches? I would have the ability to print out score sheets with everyone's information on them also.

Give it a test run:

http://boomershooter.com/order/matchreg.html <-- use that to sign up as you would for a match

http://boomershooter.com/formtools/ <-- log in to see the competitors - User: "test" Pass: "user"

When you log in you will see one match - to the right side there is a "view submissions" from here you can export this info to excel.

Let me know everyones thoughts - I'm in the pretty early stages of this but can further develop it if it is a tool that you like - I can build it in as a feature on www.StageEx.com also

Edited by bsdubois00

Yes, that would be helpful. I was going to look into using something like Jim Norman is using but I believe you are on the right track. A couple suggestions: You could skip the classification and just let ezWin take care of that. But you need to include PF because not everyone shoots the default (e.g. Limited minor vs major)

I've honestly never been able to tell what matchsignup.org is for. There isn't a ton of info - is this for MD's to use at monthly local matches - or is this for bigger matches to use as a source to collect online payments and registration?

I was speaking with a shooting buddy of mine earlier - we are looking for a way to streamline the local match set up process - I know at a range I use to shoot at - its nothing to stand in line 15+ minutes just waiting to sign up....if you can do this ahead of time makes things MUCH easier....

MatchSignUp FAQ:

MatchSignUp can be used for any match, big or small...but it seems that only larger matches have made use of it. Maybe because it's not so well known. The website charges the equivalent of one entry for the match, and Google Checkout charges 2% of the entry fee (kinda like PayPal).

I have used it to register for the Monster Match and the Factory Gun Classic matches. It's super easy for shooters to register, and you assign a PIN for your entry in case you want to later change squads, equipment, division, etc.

For a very nominal fee FormStack provides a fully customizable form builder. I have just set up a new form that returns 100% of the information needed to create a CSV file that can be imported directly to ExWin. Cost is $8 a month. What I like is the ability to totally customize the form on an as needed basis. We also use the same account (you can have multiple forms) for gathering info for our club membership. The form will store up to 500 entries way more than I need for a monthly match, it responds to the shooter with a confirmation of what he registered as well as a map t our range and some basic info for new shooters. It can also send an email to the people running the match. It offers a mobile app option. It also keeps the info under your control.

• 3 weeks later...

MatchSignUp FAQ:

MatchSignUp can be used for any match, big or small...but it seems that only larger matches have made use of it. Maybe because it's not so well known. The website charges the equivalent of one entry for the match, and Google Checkout charges 2% of the entry fee (kinda like PayPal).

I have used it to register for the Monster Match and the Factory Gun Classic matches. It's super easy for shooters to register, and you assign a PIN for your entry in case you want to later change squads, equipment, division, etc.

i just signed up with Jay Corn today to get my IDPA state match rolling...amazing stuff...IMHO..

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

If you are looking for a free tool the helps you with the complete match management - signup, stage descriptions, scoresheets, reports, scoring, results, ... try

Shoot'n Score It or SSI - http://shootnscoreit.com

Also great if you in your club shoot USPSA, IDPA and Steel as it supports all this (and CAS/SASS, PPC and IPSC).

SSI also can export and works with WinMSS, EzWinScore, CED 7000 Pro timer and there are some tools online for

exporting info to Practiscore also.

There is also a scoring client sw (to be used in iPhone/ipad/Tablets/Android) that you use from https://m.shootnscoreit.com

/ Jens

Edited by jenlu

Really! As far as I'm concerned when picking an online match registration system, there's shootnscoreit.com and nothing else! It does everything I need it to do and it's free (at the level I'm using; I'm not doing online payments) and its developers are great about support and new feature development.

• 3 months later...

Matchsignup.org nows uses paypal which allows competitors to sign up with a credit card and not have a paypal account. Still have squadding and direct import to ezwin and practiscore. Free system with complete registration for uspsa, idpa and more.

No "www" actually. It's http://clubs.practiscore.com. (And its under development, so you might get a show-stopping error on the site now and then.) It won't be free I don't think, but I'll definitely want to look at it.

Not sure how I'd use it. I don't really want to register any walkups directly into practiscore at the range after having downloaded the match, and it still has to get back to ezws for official results reporting and uploading.

Edited by wgnoyes

• 3 weeks later...