Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Traveling to central coast CA

J-Ho

I'm going to be in the San Luis Obispo area for the holidays. Can anyone give a quick rundown on the laws concerning me bringing my own guns/mags? Also where are some good places to go play?

Thanks guys

Bring it all-nobody gives a shit.

Pistols seem to be ok, but just cruising some of the califonia forums, it sounds like an AR, even an off list one is gonna get me in trouble.

He asked what the law is not what he can get away with.

AR is ok as long as you take it with you when you go. Mags are the issue. 10 rounds only.

Edited by chendersby

• 2 months later...

So how does that work? I want to shoot USPSA lim class but I can only use 10 round mags??? That's like moving into Lim 10. So will TSA confiscate my 20 round mags at the airport? Maybe I should consider shooting IDPA. What clubs come to mind for either discipline near the Simi Valley area? Thanks in advance.

So how does that work? I want to shoot USPSA lim class but I can only use 10 round mags??? That's like moving into Lim 10. So will TSA confiscate my 20 round mags at the airport? Maybe I should consider shooting IDPA. What clubs come to mind for either discipline near the Simi Valley area? Thanks in advance.

The TSA will not care one bit. They are Federal only.

Simi Valley has several clubs within a short distance.

Gopher Flats - http://www.gopherflats.org/gopher.htm

ISI Shootists have a bunch of stuff ( IDPA, Steel Challenge, USPSA ) - http://www.isishootists.com/match_schedule.htm

Edited by warpspeed