Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-more Module / dot cleaning

CAB33

Anyone have a good method for cleaning the module on a C-more?

I've had a guy clean mine with an ultra sonic cleaner with a couple drops of dish soap in the water.

It worked great but he said the cheap ultra sonic cleaners won't do it, his over $100 used from a jeweler.

Guys, I doubt any of the Q-tip solutions do anything.

If you actually look at a module, you'll see it's nothing more than a plastic shield over the top of an LED and the shield has a very small pin prick in the middle of it. There isn't a *lens* per-se there, it's just the light from the LED that is shown on the glass. So taking a Qtip to the little hole really does nothing (except make sure the hole is clean). If the LED get's fogged or FOD on it from dust/dirt, you'll have to resort to the *cleaning method with water or US.

Alan

Purchased a used c more with a fancy paint job on it. Well the "artist" managed to get some paint on the glass...and I had a foggy ring around the entire perimeter of the glass...both sides. (Rant...I hate home made paint jobs on guns...Rant off) Used everything to try to get it off...Hopes, glass cleaner, alcohol, water, soap, etc...and nothing. Then saw a post about "Lime Away" from Walmart stating it was great (of course with the usual disclaimer about being careful...its on you..etc). I gave it a try with a soaked q tip...let it sit for a few minutes and wiped away. And wow...yes it was the miracle cleaner. Was very impressed. It was the only thing that worked for me.

Also...dot was dim...hmmm...maybe paint on the module? Yep...ugg. Used Hopes and clean cloth and bingo...all better now. New C More with bright dot again.

Also...sidenote. Off name batteries from ummm "the shack" sucked, and they were 14 bucks a piece too(needed them in a hurry). Dot was still dim so I got a new Duracell, and you guessed it, they were twice as bright! I'm learning the hard way. YMMV.

Hope this helps...Good luck...Gavin