Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

best suppressor

xd fan

The last thing you want on the end of your rifle is heavy SS can, I have a Shark Supressor and use it on 308win and 260rem bolt weapons, AR-15s and soon my 10/22, the can is not welded together, it can be taken apart for cleaning(waste of time BTW) or easilly repaired if a baffle strike happens, the can and baffles are machined Ti, the blast chamber and difuser are inconel, I have Ti thread adapters for 1/2-28, 5/8-24 and 3/4-28, not the cheapest can out there, but it is one of the lightest, and quietest, down side is there not Full Auto rated.

www.Sharksuppressors.com

There is no such thing as the "best suppressor". Its all opinion. Nobody has compared every suppressor made or done extensive testing to determine "best". Also, best in one situation may not equal best in another. For example I chose a quicksilver titanium .30 cal ( Quicksilver Suppressors) because they are extremely efficient when you consider their size and weight. If my suppressor were bigger (more volume) it would suppress better. I however wanted the smallest lightest suppressor I could get that would still work on a .300 win mag. I'm happy with the volume level it achieves and I use it on my .30 cals, my 7 mags and my AR's. Its also light enough that I use a thread adapter and use it on .22 pistols. On a .22 rifle with subsonic ammo you can hear the firing pin and if it weren't for the bullet hitting the ground you would question whether anything came out of the barrel. It would work great on a .300 blackout. In fact you could probably get by with less volume if that's all you were going to use it on. I highly recommend looking for a quality titanium can. I have buddies that have really heavy .30 cal cans and the weight sucks the fun out.

One other option would be to use a 9mm or 40 cal pistol can. You would want to check with the manufacture but if you were shooting subsonic they would more than likely work. Also, most pistol cans are aluminium, so they are lighter, and they are generally cheaper.

As many have said above, you need to define 'best.' Are you looking for lightest weight, smallest size, shortest length, best suppression, most durable, compatibility with other calibers and platforms etc? AAC designed their 7.62SDN specifically for the Blackout, but beyond that, just about any .30 suppressor will work. Many center fire pistol suppressors will work as well if you are only planing on shooting subsonic ammo. There are a few places to start reading around:

Silencer Talk - silencertests.com

300 Blk Talk - 300blktalk.com

Silencer Research - silencerresearch.com

-John