Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Happy Thanksgiving!

ima45dv8

No one else started one so I will......Happy Thanksgiving my friends!

I spent the day with my Mom. . . .82-1/2 years old and still lucid! Her body is wearing out but her mind's still sharp. More than enough to be a cantankerous old biddy about a number of things. There was a time when I got ill over her ill-tempered ways, but now it's more amusing than anything.

I found out she has a new itch -- her "jones" is frozen ice pops. You know, the ones that come in a cellophane wrapper in various flavors. My brother who shares a home with her told me she eats 12 a day!

They sound like 'cocaine-pops' to me. Thankfully she has adjusted to the sugar-free variety.

I guess at her age she feels like she can have anydamnthing she wants, and if we don't like it....tough!

:roflol: :roflol:

I won't always have the opportunity to share moments like this with her. I'm sure glad for the time now.

Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving. Glad to hear it.

We spent Thanksgiving with about 30 of our friends and relatives and get to do it all over again tomorrow with our kids.

We all have a lot to be thankful for.....we are truely blessed! :cheers:

Hope to see you at SouthRiver next weekend.

No one else started one so I will......Happy Thanksgiving my friends!

I spent the day with my Mom. . . .82-1/2 years old and still lucid! Her body is wearing out but her mind's still sharp. More than enough to be a cantankerous old biddy about a number of things. There was a time when I got ill over her ill-tempered ways, but now it's more amusing than anything.

I found out she has a new itch -- her "jones" is frozen ice pops. You know, the ones that come in a cellophane wrapper in various flavors. My brother who shares a home with her told me she eats 12 a day!

They sound like 'cocaine-pops' to me. Thankfully she has adjusted to the sugar-free variety.

I guess at her age she feels like she can have anydamnthing she wants, and if we don't like it....tough!

:roflol: :roflol:

I won't always have the opportunity to share moments like this with her. I'm sure glad for the time now.

Mark,

Enjoy every moment that you can with your Mom. If she wants Popsickles then make sure she has them. At her age she is right... she has earned the right to have what she wants, when she wants it. Mine left here in 1987 and I give the rest of mine for one more day with her. Glad you had a GREAT Thanksgiving.

Paul

The Thanksgiving was a success but the turkey died. :D

So did ours!

I must admit though after almost thirty attempts my wonderful cook of a wife has the big bird figured out. Still juicy even after microwaved yesterday!wub.gifbow.gif

Thanksgiving was spent in Missouri with my mom, dad, brother & sister, thier kids, aunt, uncle & cousins. 22 of us enjoyed Thanksgiving together. My mom is 75 and spent 10 days prior to Thanksgiving organizing the meals and menu's. My dad, who is 78, had his man cave all ready to go for football, snacks and beer. I provided some .5 litre cans of Budweiser brewed in Russia(labeled BUD), thanks to a recent trip to the kremlin state. We ate, completed some chores for the folks, watched alot of football and had a great time together. We acknowledged our blessings of a wonderful truely blessed family, freedom's we enjoy and will not take for granted and love for each other. We spent 4 days together and it ended all to soon. Thanksgiving was AWESOME. :cheers: