Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Suggestions for G35 Grip Increase?

Wildkow

I have fairly big or maybe they're just long hands and long skinny fingers as such the only places on a G35 my hands seem to come in contact with the grip is my middle knuckle with the front strap and the front part of the heel of my thumb with the rear strap. Nothing in between comes in solid contact with the grip, that bugs me. :angry2: I'd love to have my whole hand in contact with the grip. I'm sorta new at this so I don't even know if this common and I've only shoot maybe a couple other guns before and had the same problem Beretta 96F, PX4 Storm, 1911 a long time ago and a Open .38 SuperComp something or the other.

Doesn't seem right to me to do a grip reduction so my questions . . .

1) anyone else experience this and is it normal?

2) can I use a black poly body filler, use it to round the sides of the grip (fatten) so I can still shoot left handed then cover with skateboard tape? Got a linky?

3) any other suggestions?

I have tried a Hogue grip on a limited G35 and that seems to help a little and I've tried the Grip Force beavertail on my Open G35 and that helped a little. Combining both looks to be a real biach and finally I hate the finger grooves. Any suggestions other than buy a different gun? :P

Edited by Wildkow

Thanks guys but I don't want and can't afford another/different gun. I just want a different grip which doesn't sound like major surgery to me since this type of work is done to many competition guns. I just want to add not remove grip and was wondering if anyone knew how, of anyone that has done it or suggestions. Still the suggestions to go look at the different Glocks maybe useful for shaping purposes and I thank you not to mention it "Black Friday" and who doesn't want to go to the gun store on "Black Firday?" :P

how about a slip on rubber sleeve with something added under it in the right places, maybe insteed of perminant build up with a material a glued spacer of some sort (shaped kydex?) that would help the pistol retain value. try a brand other than the hogue. something with less material and no exagerated finger grooves

Edited by poopshooter

how about a slip on rubber sleeve with something added under it in the right places, maybe insteed of perminant build up with a material a glued spacer of some sort (shaped kydex?) that would help the pistol retain value. try a brand other than the hogue. something with less material and no exagerated finger grooves

Hmmmm, that sounds good. Lay something on the grip for fill it out and allow the rubber slip on to smooth out the rough spots. Thanks! :cheers:

I have fairly big or maybe they're just long hands and long skinny fingers as such the only places on a G35 my hands seem to come in contact with the grip is my middle knuckle with the front strap and the front part of the heel of my thumb with the rear strap. Nothing in between comes in solid contact with the grip, that bugs me. :angry2: I'd love to have my whole hand in contact with the grip. I'm sorta new at this so I don't even know if this common and I've only shoot maybe a couple other guns before and had the same problem Beretta 96F, PX4 Storm, 1911 a long time ago and a Open .38 SuperComp something or the other.

2) can I use a black poly body filler, use it to round the sides of the grip (fatten) so I can still shoot left handed then cover with skateboard tape? Got a linky?

I have tried a Hogue grip on a limited G35 and that seems to help a little and I've tried the Grip Force beavertail on my Open G35 and that helped a little. Combining both looks to be a real biach and finally I hate the finger grooves. Any suggestions other than buy a different gun? :P

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=108854&view=findpost&p=1261341

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=108854&view=findpost&p=1261341

:bow: SWEET! :bow: Thanks Kevin :wub:

btw: Kevin are you still shooting that gun? Could you update that thread?

Edited by Wildkow

Go to Henning Walgren's website: www.henningshootsguns.com

Henning shoots Tanfoglio's, and has posted videos to work on them. I know they are Tanfo's...BUT he has one video where he uses some type of modeling epoxy and he BUILDS HIS GRIP UP so it FILLS HIS WHOLE HAND.

Take a look, it may work for your Glock.

Z-

http://www.brianenos...dpost&p=1261341

That is not mine. That was a thread I remembered reading last year. I do know he was able to remove it with no ill effects. Good luck.

http://www.brianenos...dpost&p=1261341

That is not mine. That was a thread I remembered reading last year. I do know he was able to remove it with no ill effects. Good luck.

Ok thanks Kevin had a senior moment there sorry. Nice to hear that it can be removed with no ill effects.

Nice! Thats exactly what I was thinking, but couldn't remember where I saw the thread.