Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Noveske K9

RAZZ

I have been thinking about picking a couple of these up to try them out, but I have a buddy who tells me that some 3-gun matches are not allowing their use any longer, as they tend to tear up barricades. I'd like to try them, but I don't want to spend the money on them if they will not be allowed. Have you all shot matches recently where they have been disallowed? I've looked through some on-line match 'rules' but they are somewhat vague. Are the K9s considered a 'support device?'

Thanks.

You know what else works well, your hand, lol. At least that's what I told my buddy about his but that's just personal opinion. They look like they work well but also add unwanted weight up front. In the right hands they are not worth the weight. Good luck.

• 4 weeks later...

You know what else works well, your hand, lol. At least that's what I told my buddy about his but that's just personal opinion. They look like they work well but also add unwanted weight up front. In the right hands they are not worth the weight. Good luck.

Ha Ha very funny. I am going to find a way to make them work I tell you. All kidding aside there are times when they would work great but you need a fairly soild barricade for that. With the props we use they are often more of a hinderance than a help. I am considering dumping them.

Pat

• 3 weeks later...

Have you all shot matches recently where they have been disallowed? I've looked through some on-line match 'rules' but they are somewhat vague. Are the K9s considered a 'support device?'

Thanks.

To my knowledge, they have been prohibited at most matches due to the fact that they could chew up the barriers. Don't quote me on that BUT that is what I have heard.

My forend extends beyond the gas block and I've been using the front of it like a barricade wing and even resting the barrel against the barricade to prevent side movement. Of course I shoot in the bottom 25% most times so you might not want to listen to me. Keeps the gun simple and light. I noticed something at Rockcastle when I was helping RO on the car stage - I was clearing the rifles in the car so they could start scoring sooner. The guns of the super squad were noticeably lighter and simpler than the guns of the "Joe Average" squad that followed them. Nothing extra hanging off of them. Maybe that was just because the pros have "competition" guns while Joe Average has to bring his "everything" gun.

• 2 weeks later...

Alrighty!! I get to hi-jack a thread........

how heavy is heavy, and of course, how light is light?

I've looked at these thingy's, but never held an unmounted one. Everyone would love to have a bi-pod? these things are a lot less material than a bi-pod.

Alrighty!! I get to hi-jack a thread........

how heavy is heavy, and of course, how light is light?

I've looked at these thingy's, but never held an unmounted one. Everyone would love to have a bi-pod? these things are a lot less material than a bi-pod.

Since they are near the muzzle of the gun, adding even 8 ounces there adds weight you will notice over the course of the match. Bipods are designed to attach and detach quickly and these are not. While I can see how they could help in some situations, I tend to think I had rather use my hand since I can always adjust more quickly with it and save the weight. The only extra weight I like to carry at a match is your wife's brownies :goof: