Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

vhit n105

ffgats

HELLO,

I am just curious about this powder, tried this powder with my super and 40 open guns, I want to try this to my 9mm major, I heard that its difficult to make major with 105, can anybody pls give an idea on how much "grain" of this powder can a 9mm case take, Right now I am using 9.6GR. of HS7, and the best so far for my gun, unfortunately I got only 20 lbs left. looking at the burning chart of vhitavouri manual, these 2 powders has a comparable burning rate. so your feed back and experience is very much welcome , thanks

Well, here it is. On the left is a standard 9mm Luger case...On the right is a standard 38 Super case (NOT Super Comp!). As you can see, 10.0 grains of VV N105 fills the case completely on the 9mm, and almost to the top in the 38S. Bear in mind, I load 10.5 in the super.....

The pic doesn't really do it justice...The powder in the 9mm case is actually slightly above the mouth, like an upside ice cream cone....MMMM! Ice Cream!

post-18733-0-30630100-1321823696_thumb.j

Edited by GrumpyOne

Unless you're shooting a pistol with a bunch of big bbl holes, its not too hard to make major with n105 in 9 major.

9.6 grains of n105 with WSR primers, zero 125 grain bullet, at 1.19" OAL:

168.6 PF out of a Brazos ProSX shorty with 4 small bbl/poppleholes.

171.5 PF out of a Brazos full size with 4 small bbl/poppleholes.

172.5 PF out of a MC full size with no holes.

Loading is a pain in the butt as you'll have to go very slow to keep powder from slinging out of the case.

Well, here it is. On the left is a standard 9mm Luger case...On the right is a standard 38 Super case (NOT Super Comp!). As you can see, 10.0 grains of VV N105 fills the case completely on the 9mm, and almost to the top in the 38S. Bear in mind, I load 10.5 in the super.....

The pic doesn't really do it justice...The powder in the 9mm case is actually slightly above the mouth, like an upside ice cream cone....MMMM! Ice Cream!

grumpy, looks like you still have a room for the bullet, my 7.4 of n350 and 8.8gr of 3n38 looks identical of your 9mm pics, unless these old eyes are doing some tricks, thanks for the pics,

grumpy, looks like you still have a room for the bullet, my 7.4 of n350 and 8.8gr of 3n38 looks identical of your 9mm pics, unless these old eyes are doing some tricks, thanks for the pics,

I don't load Mj 9.... And yes, there might be room for the bullet, but it would be extremely compressed, and it might bulge the the case. The powder is actually flush with the mouth of the case. I shoot the super....

I loooking for 165pf(ipsc), maybe will start at 9.0grs.- 9.4. the bbl is a 5" with one hole. hope this load will give me more space for the bullets,

The ugly twin to N105 will work in 9 major. AA#7, 10gr w/125gr produces about 172pf set it 1.180.

wow! I occasionally will sling out some powder while loading .38SC; definetely have to go slow while loading 9major.

Unless you're shooting a pistol with a bunch of big bbl holes, its not too hard to make major with n105 in 9 major.

9.6 grains of n105 with WSR primers, zero 125 grain bullet, at 1.19" OAL:

168.6 PF out of a Brazos ProSX shorty with 4 small bbl/poppleholes.

171.5 PF out of a Brazos full size with 4 small bbl/poppleholes.

172.5 PF out of a MC full size with no holes.

Loading is a pain in the butt as you'll have to go very slow to keep powder from slinging out of the case.

al503, how does the case looks with 9.6gr, as mentioned earlier, I shooting for 160pf, maybe 9.0-9.4grs? any room for bullets with this load, thanks