Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

i want to do revolver but can it be fast

joedodge

I shoot production now in almost a b class shooter and I'm competitive and place well. I want to go revolver but I'm so used to goin fast in production can revolver be and feel fast and be competitive as production I'm just scared it will be a step back competitivly

I shoot production now in almost a b class shooter and I'm competitive and place well. I want to go revolver but I'm so used to goin fast in production can revolver be and feel fast and be competitive as production I'm just scared it will be a step back competitivly

What do you like about Production? I liked L10 because I always though fast reloading was cooler than fast shooting. Revolver is the fastest of all the divisions if you consider total amount of "doing things quickly" rather than "shooting quickly." For raw speed you can't outrun the gun and Jerry set the standard down at .13 splits, so work towards that. I still can't do it.

Matt

I enjoy the challenge of stage planning reloading and being the best all round shooter that I can be I just want be quick still with the revolver and not feel like I'm going backwards

I think you should give it a whirl. It'll teach you to not miss, to maximize stage planning, and above all punish you badly when you screw up. You won't be worse for shooting revolver, I'd say.

It's a few steps ahead competitively. More to do. More to think about. Higher disaster factor. If you just want to burn targets shoot open

Edited by underlug

I enjoy the challenge of stage planning reloading and being the best all round shooter that I can be I just want be quick still with the revolver and not feel like I'm going backwards

If shooting revolver was easy everyone would be shooting revolver. Fact is they are not. Why? It simply requires more from the shooter than any other class.

I had no idea what the impact would be back when I switched over to revolver. It was simply amazing. Do it.

I want to go revolver but I'm so used to goin fast in production can revolver be and feel fast and be competitive as production I'm just scared it will be a step back competitivly

Taking a step back competitively? How so? If you primary concern is your overall placing, forget Revo. Forget Production, for that matter.

Revos are capacity-limited, so you may find Revo challenges (or exposes) some under-developed skill(s), such as reloads & making every shot count. In that regard, it's hard to see it as taking a step back, unless your ego won't let you see it any other way.

why do you say I'm in for a treat

If you're fortunate enough to live in an area where other wheelgunners compete and squad together, you'll likely find they're a very helpful group - trading strategies, picking up each others' brass, loaning gear, emergency fixes that might come up, etc.

Good luck!

Tom

Very true I would only be competeing against a couple guys on a semi regular basis and even in our state match there was only 2 revo guys and area match there was less than 10 you all ever find it discouraging not being recognized do to low shooter count

I shoot revolver in USPSA and IDPA pretty much exclusively. I started shooting stock service pistol in IDPA and felt that I was not making my shots count in matches. I changed over to revolver and that was the first thing that I improved. My auto shooting has equally improved with my shooting revolver over the last four years.

Revolver requires more consideration on where reloads are made, making every shot count, and stage planning, among other things that don't come to mind right now. None of these considerations will hurt the way that you already "attack" shooting matches, and quite likely will help you in ways that you don't currently realize.

Try shooting revolver in matches and I think that you will come to like it. You may even wonder afterwards why you did not try it sooner. :)

Ya the only revo guy at our club is cliff Walsh

I'm so sorry. ;-)

Seriously though, you work on beating Cliff and you'll be beating one of the best.

Matt

So how much more competittttion do you need,and I'm sure Cliff would help you any time he can,,I wish I could shoot with Cliff,or the guy with the big hat ( Matt )at a regular monthly match,,just do it

Hello: I am a newby with revolvers but find them alot of fun. I am shooting IDPA SSR and USPSA revolver. I enjoy shooting the revolver for the fun factor and beating the Production and other IDPA shooters. I have found that it has improved my shooting. When I shoot open I end up near the top locally and that is fun also but Revolver is just more fun for me. I would set a goal of trying to beat the single stack and Production guys :cheers: If you can do that then try to beat the Limited guys :roflol: One thing that helped me was a better front sight and rear sight setup. Lastly have fun and hit all "A" s. Thanks, Eric

Ya the only revo guy at our club is cliff Walsh he only comes to our monthly matches not our weekly and there's one other guy but he doesn't try to compete why do you say I'm in for a treat lol

You get to shoot with my hero every month, consider yourself blessed !!!

Enjoy revo, if shooting IDPA go after the CDP guys in your class, you can beat them, and rub it in !!! In USPSA, have fun with it. In ZSA, revos can and do place towards the top, at my "Wedding Match" last month Cliff placed 4th overall, against shooters in 24 division !!! That's a 4 to 1 reload disadvantage and he still kicked butt

It's nice to dream, but you will never catch Cliff, for he is The Master of the REVO, Grand Imperial Majestic Ruler of the REVO World, King of the 6 Gun, and I am but his loyal minion and President of his fan club, with just 2 more memebers, we will double the membership !!!

JoeDodge,

I will be coming to the Antelope club for the winter and I shoot revolver in IDPA and some USPSA. I'll look you up and maybe we can get a weekly practice session started. I took the 2011 PA State IDPA revolver SSR championship and can beat most of the top semi shooters at the clubs here in NEPA. It;s a blast placing ahead of Master bottom feeders. Be prepared to work at it though, you have to do a lot more than them.

Cliff is awesome and maybe we can pick his brain for help.

See you in the end of Dec.

Peter B