Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nervous About Shooting Bianchi

doc540

Never shot one.

Only shot a dozen, local IDPA matches.

Local range (about an hour away) is shooting the Bianchi Cup this coming Sat. morning.

Watched all the stages on Youtube last night, and I'm rather intimidated.

BUT....it's a great excuse to shoot my pistol a lot, right.?

So, I told my shooting partner that I'd go shoot it with him.

I've shot at the range that you are going to many times. You couldn't have picked a better range or a better bunch of people.

There's nothing to be nervous about. The guy who runs the match is Gary Yantis. He is a very good friend of mine. He's real easy to spot. He usually has a big old cigar hanging out of his mouth.

Gary will guide you through each string of fire. Just remember to watch the front sight and squeeze the trigger. Most of all, have fun. Wish I was going to be there.

Tell Gary that Kevin says "hello bub"

I started shooting action pistol a couple years ago and was hooked! I have become a much better shooter because of it. It will force you to focus on the fundamentals of sight alignment and trigger control. Good luck Saturday. Let us know how it goes.

I shot my first Bianchi match last Saturday. I think it's a great format, because you can measure your progress, similar to golf and steel challenge. I just need to remember to take 8 magazines, and to follow through on the mover...

Seiichi