Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recommendation on 147gr FMJ bullet

Cira

I've been using Remington 147gr FMJ match bullets for some time now with great results. However, I can't seem to find them in stock lately. I need a jacketed (not plated) bullet. Anyone seen these in stock? Any recommendation on other similar bullets that I could switch to?

I use Montana gold 147gr CMJ's for my jacketed heavy bullets. If I get some buddies together and order a bunch, try getting them from MannyUSA.com. Save you a little money.

You could also try Zero 147gr bullets, but you may have to wait on them. ShootersConnection gets some every now and then.

I use Montana gold 147gr CMJ's for my jacketed heavy bullets. If I get some buddies together and order a bunch, try getting them from MannyUSA.com. Save you a little money.

You could also try Zero 147gr bullets, but you may have to wait on them. ShootersConnection gets some every now and then.

I didn't see a ton of details on the web site for the Montana Golds. The reason I need a jacketed bullet is because I sometimes shoot suppressed and I've found that plated bullets will shred a little and leave some bits in the can. Are the MGs a true properly jacketed bullet?

If you order the MG from Manny, you can get the cost per bullet down close to what the Precision delta runs. Save you a few tenths of a cent per. I think either is a good jacketed bullet for range use.

yes but Manny has a 6 case minimum order which is a bit much for most of us to do in one order even if they are mixed.

No, and yes. Thats what the website disclaimer says. Call and talk to him, he will sell you a single case if you speak with him. Its not the 6 case price but its still very competitive.

then why not put a different price for one case on the website? 'cause i see the 6 case minimum and i go elsewhere, and i bet i'm not the only one. seems like he's losing business.

I find buying a case from Montana Gold is slightly cheaper than buying almost the same number of Precision Delta. I am not in position to buy 6k+ bullets at one time. Zero seems to be almost priced out of my market, given MG and PD pricing.

I still buy all my .40 and .45 bullets from various cast bullet companies.