Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Full Capacity Magazines

Rob Boudrie

What I wonder is will / can a third party make mags that will fit in a SV frame? I know that there has been a shortage of tubes lately. Are there any legal issues ?

I very much doubt it. Double-stack magazines have been around forever and I'm pretty sure STI/SV don't have a patent on theirs anyway. All it would cost would be tooling (which is probably a lot)

I know it's diffiuclt to find SV tubes (I'd thought about "rebuilding" some STI mags with new tubes since the new gun is on an SV frame and failed to find any), but I thought STI tubes were available ... and aren't STI tubes a good "3rd party" alternative in SV guns? <_<

Kevin

well let's make sure if the AWB sunsets we continue to punish the USPSA shooters who don't live in communist held territory. If Kalifornia can't have em' no one should!!! Good thinking guys.

And by all means let's ensure that we continue to get ZERO support from Kimber and Colt becasue their guns aren't used in "L10".

I love S_I's, I own THREE, I shoot them in Lim or L10, but they make less than a tenth the guns Springfield or Kimber puts out.

Just for a change, wouldn't it be nice to have sponsorship the size of COKE instead of "Simba Manzana Verde"?

How does one respond to that ?

:huh:

-----------------------

Back to the thread....

I would imagine that aftermarket magazine manufacturers like Mec-Gar would "fill the void" left by manufacturers that choose not to offer hi-caps or have problems meeting the demand.

Maybe they could do the same for SVI/STI. ;)

What I wonder is will / can a third party make mags that will fit in a SV frame? I know that there has been a shortage of tubes lately. Are there any legal issues ?

There's a Spanish company, SPS, that makes Double Stacks that fit the SVI/STI...

I polled a bunch of the Big Guys at the NRA Show last month, and--not for attribution--everybody I spoke with was preparing to open the production floodgates at midnight, September 13th.

I've already placed orders, guaranteed with a credit card, for several types of hi-caps.

I'm pretty sure the Ban will sunset, because we're just too close to the general election to see a deal cut (which is also the general opinion of the D.C. types I know and deal with regularly; I was at the Congressional Sportsmen's Foundation shoot a couple of weeks ago, and I'd say that was the most common line). What happens in 2005, however, is a whole 'nother can of worms! If that weasel Kennedy...whoops! I'm sorry...Kerry actually ends up as President, it's four years of opne warfare. Even if Bush is re-elected, the AWB will probably be back on the agenda--probably as an amendment to some other legislation--pretty quickly.

Ain't gonna be no price deals for the first 30-90 days, but I'd say buy 'em anyway...

Michael B

As for the potential liability exposure of producing hi-caps after having been forced to make only ten-shot mags, I doubt it. In an age of 500hp, 4,000 pound vehicles that can easily do twice the legal speed limit, who will care bout a few extra rounds of ammo?

Not that it won't stop those who hate us from trying.