Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production Legal Holster

Sin-ster

I have heard a few concerns about the BladeTech DOH for the M&P Pro.

Is it Production legal?

Yes. I used one at in the Ohio Sectional, and had Gary Stevens look at my equipment before the match. Good to go!:cheers:

Edited by atbarr

I have heard a few concerns about the BladeTech DOH for the M&P Pro.

Is it Production legal?

I think the holster in question was more the Black Ice and Im pretty sure they fixed it.

Yes that's the one. Had mine replaced for free. Very good customer service. The standard model I don't believe ever had a issue.

Good stuff. I have the original DOH for my Glock now, and it definitely meets all of the requirements. I read somewhere or another that something about the M&P Pro broke one of the measurement rules-- away from the belt or below the waist. Seems that isn't the case, which is good to know!

Thanks for the input, and if anyone has something to add to the negative, I'd be all ears!

I read somewhere or another that something about the M&P Pro broke one of the measurement rules-- away from the belt or below the waist.

I remember reading that, too.

So, the DOH would be legal for production?

Generally, although some don't really keep the gun within the 2" rule and need to be shimmed (flat washer or two). I know the M&P model definitely exceeds the 2" without modification. R,

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=104121&st=0&p=1242481&hl=bladetech%20washer&fromsearch=1entry1242481

G-manbart provides good advice, so it's worth measuring once you get one.

That is the exact post I was thinking about-- my SearchFu is weak!

I will definitely take the measurements and make sure to get it sorted out. I've worked with BT products and self-made shims in the past for other ventures, and I'll be shimming up CR Speed pouches for the mags anyway.

Thanks for that link!

You know, I just reviewed the rule itself...

And the "2 inches from the inner side of the belt" doesn't stipulate exactly where that measurement is taken in relation to the gun. The illustration seems to indicate it's taken from the spot that's parallel to the top of the belt, which would mean that at drastically canted angles, the grip itself could be much further away from the belt.

Can anyone clarify exactly where this measurement should be taken?

Sin, I believe that the measurement is taken as shown in the book.

Only rules I've seen is that the but must be above the top of the belt and gun must be within 2 inches.

I want to say that DAA makes a holster that allows all kinds of adjustments and such to get the gun all kinda ways. I personally have adjusted my holster so the grip is canted out enough for me to get a good thumb grip and not have to reposition it once I've drawn.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

Good stuff, and that would make the most sense-- otherwise, the offset holsters would likely never meet the rules. I'll definitely take a closer look when I get this rig put together.

Although I'm debating a Ready Tactical holster as well. Never hurts to have two, anyway...

You know, I just reviewed the rule itself...

And the "2 inches from the inner side of the belt" doesn't stipulate exactly where that measurement is taken in relation to the gun. The illustration seems to indicate it's taken from the spot that's parallel to the top of the belt, which would mean that at drastically canted angles, the grip itself could be much further away from the belt.

Can anyone clarify exactly where this measurement should be taken?

it's perpendicular from the inside of the inner belt.

I know a thing or two about a thing or two. ;)

I've just got to teach you to A) tell me in time (before I drive down the popper);

and B) articulate your meaning. :roflol:

No, seriously though-- you da man. I pick through the Rule Book every now and again, but it's hard to retain every little scrap of info. I find that hearing from someone else or seeing it applied all but laser etches into my memory.