Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bought VFD china on ebay

shooterbenedetto

So, I bought this 2hp 1.5kw huanyang VFD on EBAY for my Bridgeport J head 1hp and this thing wont work?

Instructions said to connect input to RST for 3phase or just connect R,T for single phase then ground.

did this and the unit powered on! then programmed it that said pd0013 to 08, pd005 value to 400,pd004 to 400

pd003 to 400. this was necessary otherwise the vfd will dump too much current and burn the motor.

Finally connect the 3 wires from my 3phase motor from the bridgeport DIRECTLY to UVW output, but nothing happens?

since I only paid $106 shipped for this and comes with 2yr warranty I thought it was worth a try.

I also paid with paypal just in case things didnt workout to get refund right away.

Any input would be great!

1319681805[/url]' post='1561059']

So, I bought this 2hp 1.5kw huanyang VFD on EBAY for my Bridgeport J head 1hp and this thing wont work?

Instructions said to connect input to RST for 3phase or just connect R,T for single phase then ground.

did this and the unit powered on! then programmed it that said pd0013 to 08, pd005 value to 400,pd004 to 400

pd003 to 400. this was necessary otherwise the vfd will dump too much current and burn the motor.

Finally connect the 3 wires from my 3phase motor from the bridgeport DIRECTLY to UVW output, but nothing happens?

since I only paid $106 shipped for this and comes with 2yr warranty I thought it was worth a try.

I also paid with paypal just in case things didnt workout to get refund right away.

Any input would be great!

What is the output voltage from the VFD?

Do you have a link for the manual and parameter list?

I have used The GS2 VFD from Automation Direct on several projects with great results.

http://www.automationdirect.com/adc/Overview/Catalog/Drives/GS1_(120_-z-_230_VAC_V-z-Hz_Control)

Didnt see any output when it ran? but it did say LU on the screen after

you did the programming initiation. After 2 days of searching and googling,

I stumbbled on a forum and found the fault code for this VFD. entered it and bam!

it works awesome! got variable speed by increasing or decreasing the frequency,

able to set the spindle stop and what ever time I want, so i set it at 2 seconds.

this thing is great! didnt need a rotary or static converter that cost more than $500

to get the mill going. I'm happy. starting to fit a customer's open gun..time to fit the slide.

The seller emailed me after 2 days for the instructions that is like 50 pages! sooo much parameters

comands. I think I will purchase another VFD for my future lathe.

Edited by shooterbenedetto

Shooterbenedetto,

I believe I have this same VFD I had bought off fleebay also. I installed it on my South Bend 10 lathe. When I turned the VFD on the cooling fan runs and the led lights. When I press "RUN" I hear a whining in the motor but it does not turn.

Any ideas? I'm lost and not great with electronics.

thanks,

danny

This is F'in retarded. I can't even hint at links as I am a 'new' member.

Look at CNC zone, and search for "Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here" in the DIY-CNC router machines forum for a link to the manual (and recommended settings) and very relevant discussion.

My VFD started up and operates just fine, once I put the right settings in.

Shooterbenedetto,

I believe I have this same VFD I had bought off fleebay also. I installed it on my South Bend 10 lathe. When I turned the VFD on the cooling fan runs and the led lights. When I press "RUN" I hear a whining in the motor but it does not turn.

Any ideas? I'm lost and not great with electronics.

thanks,

danny

Mine did the same and realized that my brake on the mill was on. Make sure your motor moves freely.

also what is your PD003.PD004,PD005 setting set at? I had it set at 50.00 for all.

you guys should consider stepping up to a Baldor, or ABB for VFD use. ABB's are real sweet. you can program them to increase the torque if the RPM starts to decrease, you can also program them for maximum amps the motor will also see.

you should be able to install a 5k or 10k pot resistor to the your drives and use them to control the motor speed instead of varying the Hz on the panel.

Well, I guess I will need to read and try to understand the manual on how to do programing. I was hoping it would be easy, but not for me. After several attempts, i gave up broken-hearted. The manual seems greek to me and will take a lot of study. Hope I can get it.

danny

Why do you need a VFD? For gunsmithing I don't see the need, a whole lot has been done on the old pulley machines.

VFD will power up you Mill without a rotary phase coverter, not to mention

you will have variable speed by pushing a button? Rotary phase cost at least $500+

VFD will cost less than $110 shipped.

Why do you need a VFD? For gunsmithing I don't see the need, a whole lot has been done on the old pulley machines.

VFD will power up you Mill without a rotary phase coverter, not to mention

you will have variable speed by pushing a button? Rotary phase cost at least $500+

VFD will cost less than $110 shipped.

Ok, I was just browsing along until I read this part. I just purchased a new (for me) 3 phase Bridgeport mill and Clausing lathe. I'm setting these up in our new shop that unfortuantely does not have 3=phase power. I was sorting out my options on rotary converters when I read this.

Can you explain a bit - the electronics for this process and some ideas on where to purchase. Sounds like the way to go.

Well, I guess I will need to read and try to understand the manual on how to do programing. I was hoping it would be easy, but not for me. After several attempts, i gave up broken-hearted. The manual seems greek to me and will take a lot of study. Hope I can get it.

danny

If you are still having trouble, I can try to walk you through it with pics.

Pogo,

I'm not sure how I got it programed but I have it running now. However, I sure would like to know the correct procedure for enttering.

I tried 50-50-50 but never saw PD002 & PD003 I just kept entering 50 and finally got it running. I checked the motor with an electronic tac and it is running a little slow, about 1460 rpm. I tried to bump it up a little faster using the arrow keys but that did not work. I am planning to add a speed control dial and a forward/ reverse switch and hopping that will do the job. But I am sure I should be able to do that from the VFD keypad. Maybe you can walk me through with easy instructions. As for now, I do like being able to run the 3 phase motor on single phase.

thanks for the offer,

danny

• 1 month later...