Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Missing a match for work....

lumpygravy

I missed the Bay Bridge Charity Classic this morning because one of the systems I'm responsible for at work didn't come back up after a scheduled building wide power outage yesterday. I finally got things running but looking up at the clock, the match is probably at least half over by now. :angry2: I'm sure I'm not the only one who has done/experienced this: putting work responsibilities before personal fun. I have to remind myself that work pays me and if it wasn't for work I wouldn't be shooting at all.

This is a match that donates proceeds to the Toys for Tots. To add insult to injury, the weather today is absolutely spectacular. I'm pretty sure I can just send a donation to the match organizers to add to the pot so it's not all bad.

+1, shooting is the only hobby I have time left for anymore and I hate missing matches cause I have to work. luckily for me the only time I cant make matches is when I'm on the day shift. need $ for new toys, supplies and Level III mainland matches so gotta work :D

as someone that also responds to production outages - I feel your pain. Luckily my customers are considerate of my match schedule and their machines only seem to fall over at 1am or later on the weekdays - leaving weekends free for matches when I can go.

I feel really bad for real estate agents - sunday is their busiest day.