Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Being mad...

Ron Ankeny

Man I hate it when I get sooooo pissed off at an inanimate object that I can't even see straight. I have been so mad at a gun before that I sold it and took a beating even though it was fixed and working great. I am about to do it again.

Right now, I don't even want to pick up my open blaster. I sent it back for a tune up after being disgruntled and frustrated for a couple of months and the builder went through it right away. The maker has been a champ about all of this and his service is just outstanding. He knows I have two big matches, one in two days and another in a week so he made my gun a priority.

Day before yesterday the gun shows up and I look at the box and think, wow that wasn't sealed up worth a darn. I look the box over for damages because the thing was bulging at the seams. I open the package and behold my open blaster has returned home. But wait a minute, the hammer is stuck at half cock and the grip safety is flopping around outside of the mainspring housing. What the heck (actually I was thinking something else) is up with this? How hard do you need to drop a gun on the beavertail to force it out past the mainspring housing? I take the magwell off, remove the mainspring housing, clean everything up and reassemble. Now it works, but my nice 1.5 pound trigger now breaks at a little over 3 pounds.

I just want to sell it cheap and start all over. First person with a fist full of green backs and a jug of Vaseline...

Hey Ron,

I have a Bianchi gun I would be glad to trade you. I do understand the feeling though. I have gotten that way many times when staring at locomotive parts and usually end up in trouble with the boss.

Break/beat someTHING. Preferably something inexpensive. Then send the gun back and get it fixed. Key here: vent big time , but do the right thing rationally.

The gun will be OK.

Goosfraba

If I send it back, that will be the third time in the past couple of months and the sixth time since I bought it. Our big steel challenge match is tomorrow and the Colorado State Championship USPSA match is in 7 days. I have another large (by state standards) match two weeks after that. I'll just have to get used to the 3 lb. plus trigger and take my lumps on the occasional malfunction. I don't have a back up Open gun, I sold my Limited gun, and I broke the pin that holds the firing pin block on my Production gun yesterday afternoon. Considering the price of transportation and lodging, I am ready to withdraw from competition and let the MD buy doughnuts for the staff with my entry fees. Vent is an understatement.

Ron,

Sorry to hear of your troubles man! If the gun runs now, I can almost guarantee that you will NOT notice the trigger AFTER the buzzer goes off.

Your equipment is how your equipment is; it’s ALL MENTAL from now until game time.

Good luck my friend! I say that, totally believing we make our own luck, you lucky bastard! ;)

Ed

Thanks Run n Gun. The gun has been barfing once about every 50-100 rounds. Wish I could find the problem. I might notice the weird trigger in the Steel Challenge match tomorrow, but next week will be my first tournament level USPSA match and I doubt I'll even notice the trigger. I just need to focus my energy elsewhere.

Talk about making our own luck. I have been getting stuff ready today for the match tomorrow (I am the MD) and I have been grumpy all morning. I looked out the window and saw smoke in the cab of my truck. I dashed out with a fire extingisher but I didn't need it. My FM transciever had stuck on transmit and it burned up so there goes a $700.00 radio.

I came back inside to eat lunch and I bit down on a "chewy" granola bar and ouch. Busted the very rear molar in half length wise. It kind of hurts but the pain is tolerable so it's probably been cracked for a long time. At times like this I really miss our dental insurance. I think I'll go with a gold crown, they look cool. Oh well, it's just money.

It really doesn't makes sense getting all pissed off over life's little disasters. In a hundred years, they won't mean squat.

Ron,

If you can try to shift gears a little and go to the upcoming matches to have a good time. Try not to worry about performing, about malfunctions, about ways in which you could have shot the stage better. It's too close to the match --- there's nothing you can do now to make it better. Do focus on the pleasures of shooting, the break from everyday life, the goofy cast of characters you'll meet and those friends you'll be shooting with.

Last year, when my late mother-in-law entered hospice care, Carol and I figured that our summer vacation plans --- the Mid-Atlantic Sectional and the Factory Gun Nats --- were toast. About a week after the hospice thing started, I was scheduled to shoot the Summer Blast, and Carol kicked me out the door, suggesting that this might be my only chance to shoot a major match that summer. I hadn't practiced, was totally stressed out, got three hours sleep in a strange hotel room, and was so not ready for this. After the walkthrough though, I realized what a refreshing break this day was going to be ---- and it did take my mind off things. I finished in the match in the low 50% range, my best finish at a major last year.

The match finish will be what it will be.....

Does this mean you are coming down here to shoot production :o ???

If you want..you may use my open gun ...its an EGW 9x23..let me know, so I can load you up some ammo....if not..bring down the production gun and let's have a good time..I can get hold of another Glock 34 if you want to shoot production..

let me know if I can help out getting you any equipment..

If you want..you may use my open gun...

Shooters are the coolest people on the planet. You just made my day. If I can't get the Open blaster to quit acting up, I'll borrow Sam's CZ75 because I also shoot a CZ. I suppose I should ask Sam first, but he's riding with me and it's a long walk, lol.

Ron, the CZ is all cleaned up and ready for you! I promise not to do anything to break it before the match. :lol::lol:

Go ahead and bring your CZ too, I'll get it up and running again.

BTW, I'll be packing my Caspian .45 too, just incase I need a back up limited gun.

(Country boy rule #1: Never venture into urban areas without at least 2 guns and 400 rounds of ammo.) ;)

Maybe the four of us can do a little last minute practice at the Pistol Palace before we leave on Friday.

BTW, I'll be packing my Caspian .45 too, just incase I need a back up limited gun.

(Country boy rule #1: Never venture into urban areas without at least 2 guns and 400 rounds of ammo.) ;)

Sam,

Only 400 rounds? You must actually use the sights occasionally....