Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 MGM Ironman

OK kids. After giving it some thought, I don't think we are going to be able to do the Pro/Am match. I think we are going to have to run it the same way we did last year. OLHOT on the first match, and ST on the second match. I'd love to be able to have a couple of pro's on every squad and help out the am shooters, but if I fill the matches, AND have a high round count, there just isn't any way we'll be able to fit it all in. This match is busy enough WITH everyone taping and setting steel and NOT talking and discussing stages. I'm just afraid it would turn into a big logjam. Sorry fellas.

Adios,

TG

Bummer, there is no way I can make this format next year. Just too much time off to shoot the Division I want. Good luck, I'm sure it'll be a blast but I can't make it.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK kids. After giving it some thought, I don't think we are going to be able to do the Pro/Am match. I think we are going to have to run it the same way we did last year. OLHOT on the first match, and ST on the second match. I'd love to be able to have a couple of pro's on every squad and help out the am shooters, but if I fill the matches, AND have a high round count, there just isn't any way we'll be able to fit it all in. This match is busy enough WITH everyone taping and setting steel and NOT talking and discussing stages. I'm just afraid it would turn into a big logjam. Sorry fellas.

Adios,

TG

Bummer, there is no way I can make this format next year. Just too much time off to shoot the Division I want. Good luck, I'm sure it'll be a blast but I can't make it.

Which one? Trooper or ST? This sucks man!

Adios,

TG

Damn it...with the Pro/AM thing going it would be a great out/reason to just shoot in 2012 instead of shooting and ROing...Damn it!

Now Travis has made it possible to shoot and then RO...again...Damn it! Sure glad I don't have to RO and then shoot, what a disaster that would be:-)

Supporter of the IronMan and MGM!

When and where is the Marshmallow Man for us old geezers? Thank you Chuck Anderson for calling me that and it's in print:-(

RLTW,

Busyhawk

Adios,

TG

Which one? Trooper or ST? This sucks man!

Adios,

TG

Trooper. Russell has my brain all twisted into thinking this is a fun division to shoot. I just can't afford financially or time off wise at work to shoot the first one and stick around for the weekend. I thought I might be able to squeeze it in if I could shoot the second match. Oh well, there's always 2013.

When and where is the Marshmallow Man for us old geezers? Thank you Chuck Anderson for calling me that and it's in print:-(

RLTW,

Busyhawk

Why Scott, I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm pretty sure I called you a cold geezer, you know cause you're cold as ice. Must have been a bad cell phone connection. :devil:

Chuck, why would you need to stick around for the weekend if you shot trooper, unless you where planning on R.O.ing for the scope tac shooters?

So I can watch the seven guys in the shoot off.

"like"

Adios,

TG

Chuck, what about the other guy in the shoot off, isn't there supposed to be eight? Oh wait, are you inferring that you might be in the shoot off for the third year in a row? I would not have expected such a bold thought from such a humble and understated guy. Are we sure someone has not hacked your Enos account? :o

Edited by Stlhead

Chuck, what about the other guy in the shoot off, isn't there supposed to be eight? Oh wait, are you inferring that you might be in the shoot off for the third year in a row? I would not have expected such a bold though from such a humble and understated guy. Are we sure someone has not hacked your Enos account? :o

Maybe that's his way of saying he will pick Area 1 Multigun instead of Iron man since right now they are scheduled to happen about the same time?

Chuck, what about the other guy in the shoot off, isn't there supposed to be eight? Oh wait, are you inferring that you might be in the shoot off for the third year in a row? I would not have expected such a bold though from such a humble and understated guy. Are we sure someone has not hacked your Enos account? :o

Maybe that's his way of saying he will pick Area 1 Multigun instead of Iron man since right now they are scheduled to happen about the same time?

Just to clear up the Area 1 MG rumor. I have had one range ask me about hosting the A1MG next year. He picked a tentative date and sent out an email to 10 people asking if they would support the venue to hold the range. That email was forwarded out by one of those 10 people and became this rumor. While I'm still hoping they can host the match, I told them it will absolutely not be the first weekend in June. I already MD a match that weekend in Sherwood, and I'm not about to go head to head with the Ironman and A1MG on the same weekend either. I know how that will turn out.

And yes, Team High Life, I said 7 because it's hard to watch myself shoot and if I went I'd fully intend to be number 8. Who's gonna beat me, Larry Houck? Seriously?

Let's just say this is my daily affirmation, kind of like Travis and Craig's, I just didn't video tape myself in a hotel doing it.

And yes, Team High Life, I said 7 because it's hard to watch myself shoot and if I went I'd fully intend to be number 8. Who's gonna beat me, Larry Houck? Seriously?

OH SNAP!!!! LOL!

Let's just say this is my daily affirmation, kind of like Travis and Craig's, I just didn't video tape myself in a hotel doing it.

I'm tellin you man, doing it in front of a mirror and video taping it makes it "real". I highly suggest it!!

Adios,

TG

Chuck, I will now be haunted by the mental image of you standing in front of the mirror, (cue Boogy nights soundtrack) repeating "I am a Star" over and over, PLEASE don't video tape this and "Make it real". Think of the children!

I would be happy to see Area 1 multi-gun go to the rumored location, but on a different date.

• 2 weeks later...

Adios,

TG

Adios,

TG

^^^^^this. thx craig.

Adios,

TG

• 1 month later...

I am not real clear on the format. I am planning to shoot heavy optic or tac irons. What is the schedule? I need to decide now if I shoot Ironman or Double Tap. Also saw a post on MGM website on XM193 ammo causing problems. Will we be able to use it for the match? We get a really good break on the stuff and wasn't planning on trying another brand.

Mike

I am not real clear on the format. I am planning to shoot heavy optic or tac irons. What is the schedule? I need to decide now if I shoot Ironman or Double Tap. Also saw a post on MGM website on XM193 ammo causing problems. Will we be able to use it for the match? We get a really good break on the stuff and wasn't planning on trying another brand.

Mike

Mike, everyone EXCEPT tac Optics shoots June 3-5. The format is the same as last year, one match is for trooper, open, limited, and heavy optics, and the other is for scope tac only. As far. Ammo goes, if it sticks to a magnet you can't use it. I hope this helps!