Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Walking Dead Season 2

OPENB

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it that every book and movie and show about zombies has different standards on how zombies are created and their characteristics. It is very confusing and there needs to be some sort of standardization. ISO needs to quit worrying about things like medical device safety and come up with a zombie standard.

Thought otis got eaten?

Yeah, he provided a zombie feast after Shane shot him in the leg.

Right, but do you remember the remnants of a woman Rick shot in teh first episode? She was more than half eaten, but still crawled away. Otis could show up. Well, parts of him, anyway.

Talking dead said it is a black woman named Mersheron.

It's Michonne, with her pet zombie boyfriend and best friend with their arms and lower jaws removed.

It helps her hide amongst the zombies.

Who is Mersheron or Michonne?

From EW.com :

On AMC’s post-Walking Dead talk show, Talking Dead, executive producer Robert Kirkman broke the casting news fans of the comics have long been waiting for: Michonne, the fan-favorite, sword-swinging badass, will be played by Treme‘s Danai Gurira.The hit show included many surprises in its action packed second season finale: Rick’s revelation to the survivors that they’re all infected with the zombie plague; the ominous sight of the prison where some of the most pivotal action in Kirkman’s Walking Dead comics take place; the expulsion from the farm; Hershel’s transformation from misguided softie to gunslinging badass; the fact that T-Dog had a line. But one twist stood out above all the rest. Laurie Holden’s Andrea getting saved from a pack of zombies by a hooded warrior wielding a sword and leading a chain of leashed walkers. That’s right, Michonne made her jump from the page to the screen at last.

Michonne’s backstory in the comics is somewhat similar to Andrea’s. They were both attorneys who’ve found ways to adapt to post-apocalyptic life. “These characters have struggled so hard to find a life worth living in this new world,” Kirkman said on Talking Dead. “Michonne has found that new life.” This announcement also comes on the heels of news that her full history will be revealed in a new Walking Dead comic to run in Playboy.

Considering that Michonne is one of the most popular characters from the comics, it makes sense that Kirkman wouldn’t bring in a “name” actress weighed down by celebrity baggage. Gurira, a graduate of NYU’s Tisch School of the Arts, is still a relative newcomer. Her most significant role to date is as the Village Voice reporter Jill on Treme, though she has also guested Lie to Me, Law & Order, and Life on Mars and had a small part in 2008′s The Visitor.

Seems like it will follow the comic series closely

Since Rick and Laurie are infected, will their baby be infected? How could it not?

Will it emerge from the womb as a walker? If so, how will Laurie breastfeed? She won't.

Will it be born with a natural immunity to the walker infection? That is where I'll put my money. I'll also bet gov't authroities in the prison will take custody of the baby and force Rick to go further into the dark side to rescue the baby while protecting his family/friends. Rick will become more like Shane.

Yeah... I need whatever Shotgun Hershal was using. :D

+1. The mag capacity on that thing is UNREAL!!

Xrail? PFFFFFFFFFFFT! I want a Hershalmod pump!

Yea it had the new top secret +25 tube for the 870 coming from Nordic. It was so top secret they had to digitally remove it from the screen before airing the show. :blink: Oh well, it's TV and to be expected.

Overall great ending to the season though, nice to see a little more action and a little less drama.

From what I'm understanding... they're all infected, but don't turn until they die... the baby is alive so I would think it would be healthy, but still infected and would turn if it died... I really hope nothing like that happens, child zombies are disturbing enough without having baby zombies. I've definitly enjoyed this season, though I think I liked last season better. This Jail looks like it'd be an awesome place to hold up... so long as it's not already filled with Zombies. Whatever next season holds, it should be entertaining. And now the waiting game begins once again :(