Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need help with 124gr Precision Delta and TG for IDPA

Pizzim

Long story short i shot my chrono while checking my 115 loads as i switched to a 650 from a SDB so i wanted to make sure the new crimp didnt change anything.

I also bought 124's in place of the 115's so i need to get a new working 124gr minor load using titegroup and 124gr precision delta.

I did a search but i couldnt find this specific formula for an IDPA

The load i was going to build and test was 4gr of tg at 1.135 in a 34, im pretty sure it would make PF for IDPA but now i cant test it and have a match coming up in a few weeks.

Any help would be good, im thinking about bumping it to 4.1 or 4.2 just to be safe but if someone has already tested this to be safely above the 125 PF

I've shot quit a few 124 / 125's and TG in several different guns and 4.0 "SHOULD" be 130ish or better but when in doubt bump it up a tenth or two if your not near max.

Using other peoples data is ok to get started but don't trust anything you don't see in your own gun. Every gun (and Barrel in said gun) and every lot of powder is a little different.

Greg

4.0gr of Titegroup behind a 124gr JHP Precision Delta bullet at an OAL of 1.135" and with a crimp of 0.377" produces 134PF out of my Glock 34 at 5,130' above sea level. This same load should produce about 128PF to 130PF at sea level. You should be GTG!

Thanks boxer thats pretty much the exact recipe i will be using. I feel confidant that if i get pulled to chrono at this next match i will have nothing to worry about. Hopefully once i get back from Vegas i will have my chrono back :cheers:

Off topic, but I have shot my chrono at least 3 times or more in the past 25+ years. To me .177 Match pellets at 570 fps are the most dangerous projectiles that have hit my chrono. Those bounce back and hit me. The powder burning bullets just plow right through with no damage except to the chrono. If you do not shoot your chrono occasionally you are not shooting enough is my theory. It is going to happen to everyone sooner or later. Hopes this makes others feel better.

Bobby H.

4.0 TG with a PD 124g FMJ at 1.130 OAL is all I've loaded for my G34 the last 3 years.... over 20K rounds.

132-134 PF at the chrono for several matches.

When I played with this load I only chronoed it but never shot it for accuracy. How's your accuracy out of your G34?

The best groups I am getting shooting N320 are just shy of 3" at 25yds rested and if I could achieve similar results out of TG (for half the price of the VV) I won't have any issues dropping N320 in favor of TG.

my chrono might be a bit slow but my load with TG @ 4.2 oal 1.15 was 129-130 out of my G34 with an EFK barrel

Seems like you do have a slow chrono or jug.

My 4.25 gr TG load at ~1.140" OAL will make 136-137 PF out of a G17 with the stock barrel (1,100 - 1,115 fps). ~90+ degrees, ~75% humidity, near sea level. SD is in the ~6-8 range over 40-50 round strings.

4.2 gr even makes 1,080 fps avg or 134 pf with a 124 MG JHP or CMJ.

4.0 TG with a PD 124g FMJ at 1.130 OAL is all I've loaded for my G34 the last 3 years.... over 20K rounds.

132-134 PF at the chrono for several matches.

When I played with this load I only chronoed it but never shot it for accuracy. How's your accuracy out of your G34?

The best groups I am getting shooting N320 are just shy of 3" at 25yds rested and if I could achieve similar results out of TG (for half the price of the VV) I won't have any issues dropping N320 in favor of TG.

I always bench rest at 50 yards, 5 round strings consistently at a IDPA down zero zone. 4-5 inch average.

I always bench rest at 50 yards, 5 round strings consistently at a IDPA down zero zone. 4-5 inch average.

That's very good for any plastic gun. I already have some TG that I use for a 40 Minor load. I think I will give it a shot and see how well it performs in my gun.

Thanks!