Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Got my new XDM 40 cal 5.25

hgr2

From Powder River Precision today. They did a really nice trigger job, textured the grip and swapped out the wide front sight for a .100 wide one. I ordered it last Thursday and it showed up today. I shot around 50 rds thru it on my way back from lunch, it ran perfectly.

Only tried 1 load so when I have more time I will see what it likes best. What a great bunch of people to do business with.

Edited by hgr2

So far this thing has run great. Getting ready to shoot some steel matches locally so I installed a 14# recoil spring in it. I am loading 4.5 of Tightgroup and a 155 MG bullet and have no complaints. It is a pretty good combination so far.

congrats, i just picked up a 5.25 9mm as well. Have not got to shoot it yet, but will get at it tomorrow most likely.

Ive been shooting a G34 for a few years now, but I really liked the ergo's on the 5.25, so decided to give it a try.

Well I shot my first steel practice session this afternoon and a lot of the guys asked lots of questions about the new 5.25. Several shot it and said they liked it. It is really a nice gun but the operator seems to be the weak link at the moment, but I’m working on that. When I got home there was a package from Springfield on the front porch, no they didn’t want it back. It was the 3 mags and pouch from their promotion, got here in less than a week. So with that and a couple Tecate’s life is good. I will try again tomorrow. The gun runs great just need a lot more trigger time.

I ordered a .40 S&W.

Waiting on confirmation, from FFL, that it is here.

I'm currently developing a minor load( 180 gr. moly, 3.1 gr. Solo 1000, CCI SP, OAL 1.125, PF +- 132 ) to go along with my existing major load and plan on using it in Production and Limited. Limited now and production once it's approved.

This is my 5th Springer gun and all have been excellant.

6 lb. trigger for the carry gun and 2 lb to 2.5 lb for the competition guns.

All 5 have had .100 fiber optic fronts sights, either factory or Dawson adjustable rear sights. Springer's trigger work and action cleanup. I also like the X-Grip on the competition guns.

The biggest problem I have with my Springer Precision guns is keeping them. Some friend tries the gun and then talks me out of it. I guess I just have to stop sharing! :rolleyes:

I have a new 5.25 .40 Limited gun coming from Rich at Canyon Creek. I went the whole route with the .100 front sight, magwell, traction treatment and everything else that comes with his packages. Also having the slide fusioned like my old 4.5 9mm. I hope to see it sometime within the next week or two. I'll post some pics when it's in my hands!!!

I should be receiving my 525 .40 any day now. look forward to working up loads and seeing how it shoots. It's coming with a SA Custom Shop trigger job and I'm going to install my heavy tungsten guide rod from CC. I now will start the search for a magwell that doesn't require frame mods. I already have mags with extended base pads from both CC and Arredondo and spring and follower from Gramms that increases capacity to 21+1. will be a nice cheap limited setup but I want it to still be easily converted back to production legal, as that is the way I setup my guns for some of the training I conduct. I wonder how it will shoot? If it's anything like the 9mm, it's going to be awesome!

I'm thinking of holding a XD/XDm only shooting class. Kind of a Springfield Polymer pistol owners group thing, might be fun?

Rob

I should be receiving my 525 .40 any day now. look forward to working up loads and seeing how it shoots. It's coming with a SA Custom Shop trigger job and I'm going to install my heavy tungsten guide rod from CC. I now will start the search for a magwell that doesn't require frame mods. I already have mags with extended base pads from both CC and Arredondo and spring and follower from Gramms that increases capacity to 21+1. will be a nice cheap limited setup but I want it to still be easily converted back to production legal, as that is the way I setup my guns for some of the training I conduct. I wonder how it will shoot? If it's anything like the 9mm, it's going to be awesome!

I'm thinking of holding a XD/XDm only shooting class. Kind of a Springfield Polymer pistol owners group thing, might be fun?

Rob

I believe Pistol Gear make a magwell that isn't supposed to require frame modification.

As long as your class comes to my neck of the wood I'm game, got my 5.25 on order should be here by the end of the week. Now I just need some cash to start building it up for Limited...

Rob

There is no "True" mag well that doesn't require mods, besides to get a .40 to feel right when shooting the slide needs some weight taken off(Not Production Legal) and a stainless mag well will help balance the gun. So get another .40 and do it right for Limited.

Rich

Rob

I believe Pistol Gear make a magwell that isn't supposed to require frame modification.

As long as your class comes to my neck of the wood I'm game, got my 5.25 on order should be here by the end of the week. Now I just need some cash to start building it up for Limited...

Well don't have to wait until the end of the week, just got back from picking it up

A couple of mods done to the shop gun.

Extending the front cocking serrations and the slide tunnel was shortened for weight reduction. The slide also got the internal lightening cuts that the 9mm has and a couple it doesn't have. The slide has the bottom edges are rounded and 60 degree accent serrations on the side of the slide. The slide and barrel are finished in "Canyon Blue".

Rich

post-1700-0-20183500-1319939040_thumb.gi

post-1700-0-07958800-1319939318_thumb.gi

post-1700-0-60963600-1319939357_thumb.gi

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys the 5.25 is now approved for production see page 70 of the latest edition of Front Sight Magazine.

:goof:

I dont have the magazine... is it approved in both calibers? I'm planning to use the 40 in production (and just load my ammo to minor) I like the bigger holes, and can share all the shells with my limited gun which is also a 40

Hey Guys the 5.25 is now approved for production see page 70 of the latest edition of Front Sight Magazine.

:goof:

I dont have the magazine... is it approved in both calibers? I'm planning to use the 40 in production (and just load my ammo to minor) I like the bigger holes, and can share all the shells with my limited gun which is also a 40

Last time I looked on the USPSA website they were both listed.