Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

being armed

ErikW

At the beginning of every semester I get a flood of newspaper salesmen. They don't even think twice of knocking at 9PM. I put a no soliciting sign up; didn't help. I finally started answering the door with my 1911 on my hip riding forward of centerline. Very visible to all. About two words into their pitch they would start babbling. :P Hilarious!!! TXAG

Before I had firearms to answer the door with, I got so irritated with solicitors at my old college apartment that I put up a little sign:

... Non-Sales Pitches: $5/minute

... Sales Pitches: $10/minute

... Religeous Conversion Attempts: $25/ea

... Pay in advance.

Worked great. No more hassles.

some tips for being in what some consider *nasty* places:

1) keep your eyes on your own business

2) do what you need to and move on; don't loiter

3) be aware of where you are and how to get out in a hurry

4) if you have an appointment, make sure the people you visit know what you look like and drive

You amaze me... and I love you dude!! Great post!! So when are you and the Rhinomeister showing up in Cincinnati??

Also, I don't know if it is true, but I hear the the mighty Rhino occassionally wears a 'tutu'? Is this possible? :lol:

QUOTE (BigDave @ May 20 2004, 06:03 PM)

some tips for being in what some consider *nasty* places:

1) keep your eyes on your own business

2) do what you need to and move on; don't loiter

3) be aware of where you are and how to get out in a hurry

4) if you have an appointment, make sure the people you visit know what you look like and drive

Basically:

Don't look like a victim. Move purposefully about your business.

Be aware and ready to boogie.

Don't assume a beligerent stance, It is a challenge.

If you can avoind the worst places, face it, do it, dead heros can't watch their parade.

You really can see behind you if you walk in a weaving pattern. You aren't looking over your shoulder, but you are nearly impossible to approach from the rear.

Be big, Be bigger. Lets face it, as Dave indicated being 6-8 and 280 probably keeps him out of most any fight he doesn't want.

Seriously, if the person is close enough that you have the legal right to shoot, strike or gas, you are already too late. If you pre-empt, your next room mate is going to want you to do his housekeeping. (Among other less savory things)

I'm going to test BigDave's theories ... with BigDave. I'm going to drive him to Gary and kick him out of the truck in a 'hood of my choice. I shall then drive like a bat outta heck toward relative safety. If he makes it home, I'll be a believer.

:lol:

Uhh, yeah, right!!! :P

BDH - I don't know man. I think I'll have an easier time convincing Rhino to don the tutu than getting him to a state w/o CCW protection. I might have to drug him like they did B.A. on The A Team :huh: Anyone know where I can pick up some phenobarbital or diazepam??? :ph34r:

disclaimer: the above request for sedatives and barbiturates was a failed attempt at humor and should not be construed, under any circumstance, as a serious solicitation for unlawful sale and/or possession of pharmaceuticals. Thank you.

I understand Erik's position as well, but in this country one is sentenced protecting him or herself. In the Netherlands, it's the world turned up.

Criminals rule, even terrorists are released 'cause there's no evidence!?!? <_<

Wile :wacko: