Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Preferred spring setup

Racer377

Any issues with light strikes with the 17?

No, the action has been worked over by Grayguns and the hammer moves nice and smooth. I run the 17lb with 2 coils removed when using federal or winchester primers and have never had an issue. I have had a couple misfires with Wolf primers but I have had those misfire with stock guns so I don't think that is an indication of any gun problem.

Good to know, Thanks!!

I just picked up a 226ST. It has the Sig action enhancement package and SRT. The DA is smooth as butter, but quite heavy. If you're getting no light strikes with a 17 and 2 coils out, I feel pretty confident that an unmolested 17 should set just about anything off.

I bought a 17, 18 and 19. I put the 17 in, and with the 17 it'll bounce a bic pen off the ceiling. I'm hoping to get out and do some live fire testing this week after the new sights come in.

Edited by Racer377

• 2 weeks later...

17 with a coil cut off, use fed or win primers.

Recoil spring depends on 124 or 147 gr bullets. bought the wolfe pack with 5 springs in it and they all run the gun BUT different springs help with double tap timing depending on the gr weight of bullet being shot. this has to be done by the indivigal and their timing /shooting style.

• 3 weeks later...

17 lb works OK for me with most factory ammo, but sometimes S&B and Monarch will not fire in double action mode only. If your hammer travel in double action is not full stroke, you may get some light strikes with a 17. Suggest you put the 17 in and try it in DA mode with your normal ammo. Any problems, change primers or go to an 18 or fix your hammer stroke by replacing the trigger bar.

Joe

Im running a 17lb main (sanded slightly) and a 15lb variable recoil from Wolff along with the rest of the springs done from Grayguns competition package. Consistent, smooth, light (sub 3lb), and with roughly 600 rounds of junk, reloads, nato, and the nice stuff with this setup it has been 100% reliable.

P.S. Cutting coils does not reduce the "weight" of the spring. It actually increases it. It can reduce the preload and will reduce the energy the spring can absorb however. To reduce the "weight" is not such a simple task as many variables are involved. Best option, get a new spring. Other option, carefully and evenly grind/sand away (careful with the temperature, you don't want to re-anneal!) the diameter of the coil until you have a "weight" that works.

Edited by wAvery

• 1 month later...