Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Idiot 20 somethings

want2race

I'm at a stop light with my 6y/o in the truck with me. We just left the down town parade where he got to ride on a fire truck with his cub scout den.

A trucks rolls up beside me after I had been siting there a while.

I hear yelling and swearing. Realize that it's coming from a back seat passenger in the truck next to me. The are egging me on to race, using profanity that was very audible even after I rolled up the window.

I kept looking at the passenger and driver, they would not look at me, the idiot in their backseat was the one yelling. Dark tint on the back window of their black F150 XLT 4x4 with temp registration so I could not actually see him.

I was furious! I don't swear around my kids.

Why doesn't that happen to me when me son is not with me? I tried to explain to him that it was far smarter to roll up windows and ignore them. His safety is more important to me than confronting them about the rudeness and error of their ways.

Remember when Big Mike just slumped his shoulders down and "powered down" instead of destroying Jake's face on "that show"? Yeah, that is hard to do, but the right thing to do.

They shadowed me for three lights, fingers waving and everything, right next to my truck. I ended up pulling into a gas station to avoid anything from escalating.

Edited by want2race

I was packing at the time, appendix carried 9mm. That was the other reason a face to face "discussion" with a truck full of idiots would be a bad idea. We talk about it all the time in training, as a CCW we are held to a higher standard when it comes to confrontations.

I can ignore a lot, but when it comes to my kids I HATE public profanity. I've taught him from an early age that he will hear adults using language we don't use. "We are smarter than that, we don't need to use words like that." Last time I went off on somebody for yelling profanities it was inside a Great Clips hair cutting place. It is a family oriented hair cut place and I flipped out on some high school aged kid, who was with his mom, who then appologized as he was autistic. I almost felt bad, almost. I was too pissed off to feel bad. This kid was telling a story, but dropping A-holes and F bombs and no one else was correcting him.

There was a story on the news last night about a county corrections officer who was a victim of a hit and run. When the other driver started to flee, the corrections officer drew his off duty weapon and fired at the car. There was other traffic on the street, as well as pedestrians in the area.

There was a story on the news last night about a county corrections officer who was a victim of a hit and run. When the other driver started to flee, the corrections officer drew his off duty weapon and fired at the car. There was other traffic on the street, as well as pedestrians in the area.

OMG! :surprise:

That is what I'm talking about, Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! If he's not sitting in jail right now he's lucky.

I had a camera with me, and my phone. After the fact (of course), I realized I could have videoed them. The weird part was, we had just left the downtown area for the parade and there were cops everywhere.

This thread has been thereputic.

Rage is like a jack-in-the-box. People keep turning the handle, it's only a matter of time before evil pops out.

You handled the situation very well - good on ya!

Just curious about something though - is your car/truck hot-rodded or in the current vernacular "tricked"? I'm just trying to figure out why the idiots would think you might race them; your screen-name here is "Want2Race", after all. Only reason I ask is I drive a crappy little Ford Ranger and nobody ever tries to race me.

12 year old F150 4x4, extended cab with a shell. Stock wheels, missing center caps, not lifted or lowered, not even tinted windows. Basically the same model of truck these yahoo's were in. I leave the racing on the track or at the range. My 11 year old minivan is actually quicker.

If I've cut off somebody because I didn't see them or anything like that I can deal with some anger based on my actions, but this was totally unpromted. I should have turned the radio on so at least my son didn't have to know what was going on.

I thought about revving a couple times and act like I was going to hammer it at the green. Then just sit there when it did change, hoping they would take off and get popped for speeding/racing. There was a lot of pedestrian traffic around though and I didn't want them to race off the line and hit someone. Like at the end of Back to the Future. I had time sitting at the light to go through a lot of options.