Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New AKAI CUSTOM 38 Super Comp

KGentry

I just gave shay the details on a full size "katana" two days ago. I saw this gun at area 4 and fell in love with it, so I couldn't resist. He is also going to put an isonite finish on it, which is an awesome finish that has a rockwell hardness of around 80. Talking with Shay, you can tell that he knows his stuff, he only uses the best internals in his gun. You can tell when you talk to a gunsmith and he tells you exactly what he likes in a gun, with out hesitation. He has pretty much tried all the parts out there on the market and has his favirotes to choose from. In fact, it was an education talking to him, because he gave me some good ideas of what quality products to stock up on. I am really looking forward to getting this gun and whooping some a$$ with it. I am going to have to make a trip to san antonio, once I get it. hehe

Another thing, if you are looking for a new custom gun, at least give Shay a call he will impress you with his knowledge of the 1911/2011 platform. Personally when I want a gun built, I like to talk to the different gunsmiths, just to get a feel for whom I am dealing with. Shay impressed me from the get go, and you must have confidence in your gunsmith, if you don't then you better have lots of money for gun repairs. Also he will be putting his new compensator on it, in which I had a chance to see at area 4, but was too busy vending, to try it. But I have heard nothing but good things about this compensator. The compensator makes total sense when you look at it and I am foaming at the mouth.

Looking forward to this one, will post pictures once I get it!

Edited by Sean Gaines

agreed,

i emailed him over the weekend. he called me today and we talked about what i wanted. after i told him what i was looking for he said he had one already put together and in the color i wanted. so its already finished :cheers:

im sending the money order to him tomorrow :)

agreed,

i emailed him over the weekend. he called me today and we talked about what i wanted. after i told him what i was looking for he said he had one already put together and in the color i wanted. so its already finished :cheers:

im sending the money order to him tomorrow :)

You might want to change your signature line! :P Post pictures once you get it!

Great looking work, If I wasnt ready to "pull the trigger" on a new SSP/Production setup I could see myself getting sucked over to the darkside.

Greg - You gotta talk to Shay about his CZ Shadow Custom Guns. Call him and discuss it. You will be surprised.

Nice gun. What kind of comp is that? Thanks.

http://www.akaicustomguns.com/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=15

Here are some of his new designed comps. I didn't get a chance to try the 2 on the right but I heard from a credible source that it reduced the muzzle flip substantially more than the comp that was on his primary gun, then he took it over to the chrono and it chrono'd at 175pf.

Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Nice gun. What kind of comp is that? Thanks.

http://www.akaicustomguns.com/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=15

Here are some of his new designed comps. I didn't get a chance to try the 2 on the right but I heard from a credible source that it reduced the muzzle flip substantially more than the comp that was on his primary gun, then he took it over to the chrono and it chrono'd at 175pf.