Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bayou Bullets and titegroup

bmiller

Try it and post a video.. :)

I've heard that Bayou's dont smoke with Titegroup. I've got some on the way, I plan on trying it. :cheers:

ETA - Search 160gr Titegroup in the 9/38 forum. There were about 10 threads of use. probably will be around 3.2 gr.

Edited by DWFAN

I used Bayou 160's as my production load this year. Ended up with 2.7gr of titegroup at 1.10 oal in my G34 with a stock barrel. Made 129.4pf on the nationals chrono. Standard Disclaimer: start lower and work your way up for safety reasons. :lol:

Here's my video from the Lim/Prod nationals this year. You can see how flat the gun shoots and in some of the morning stages you can see some smoke but I never noticed it. Hope this helps:

I use titegroup with 124gr Bayou and don't find smoke to be an issue. When I compared them to JHP bullets indoors I did notice a slight difference in the amount of smoke. However, it's nothing compared to a lead bullet with a traditional lube ring. I do not notice it when shooting outside.

I wouldn't do TG + Moly unless you're a blackpowder enthusiast or revolutionary war re-enactor. :lol:

The coating on Bayou Bullets is not moly, don't know what it is but I haven't had much more smoke than fmj.

Greg

I used Bayou 160's as my production load this year. Ended up with 2.7gr of titegroup at 1.10 oal in my G34 with a stock barrel. Made 129.4pf on the nationals chrono. Standard Disclaimer: start lower and work your way up for safety reasons. :lol:

Here's my video from the Lim/Prod nationals this year. You can see how flat the gun shoots and in some of the morning stages you can see some smoke but I never noticed it. Hope this helps

[/quot

That was a great video, that load does shoot flat!

I wouldn't do TG + Moly unless you're a blackpowder enthusiast or revolutionary war re-enactor. :lol:

The coating on Bayou Bullets is not moly, don't know what it is but I haven't had much more smoke than fmj.

Greg

That coating is Gator Snot. Unlike BBI and Precison, they coating does not come off on you hands. After shooting a few hundred rounds you don't have to run to the store to buy another box of choreboys. When you look down the barrel it just looks back at you no caca in there. I've been shoooting 135gr in my open gun with WST for minor, after a match there is nothing to clean. I did do accuracy testing and at 15 yards free style the holes are tied together. Accuracy is almost as good as 125gr JHP zeros they are right there. Smokes no more than Jacketed bullets with N320 or WST. I don't shoot titegroup its nasty dirty, violent, and reverse temp sensative, and burns way too hot for my expensive guns.

Here's my video from the Lim/Prod nationals this year. You can see how flat the gun shoots and in some of the morning stages you can see some smoke but I never noticed it. Hope this helps:

What weight and brand recoil spring are you using? If I drop my G34 below 131pf with a 13lb ISMI it gets very sluggish.