Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

"Introduction To 3-Gun" Clinic

We are planning to run an Introduction To 3-Gun clinic at Rio Salado Sportsman's Club (Mesa, AZ). The clinic will be aimed at folks who would like to participate in 3-gun competition but are unsure how to start. Duration will be about 4 hours - 2 hours in the classroom followed by 2 hours on the range "getting your feet wet" on a typical 3-gun stage. The cost will be modest - something like $20. Topics covered during the clinic will include:

- Overview of 3-gun competition

- Safety and conduct

- Rules and equipment divisions

- What to expect at your first match

- Making the most of your existing equipment

- Tips for approaching a 3-gun stage

- Strategies for improving your score

- How to be an RO when it's your turn

The clinic will be run by experienced 3-gunners who are also NROI-certified range officers. Participants should bring whatever equipment they already own, but not buy any new equipment until after the clinic; we can loan them anything they don't already have.

The clinic would be run on a weekend afternoon, probably starting around 12noon and running until 4pm or so. It could be a Saturday or Sunday (depending on range availability). Before finalizing the clinic dates, I want to find out how many of you would come and when; if you are seriously interested in attending this clinic, please respond in the poll above. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post them here.

If you want to be kept informed as we firm up the plans for this clinic, shoot me an email or follow us on Twitter (@RioSalado3Gun).

We are teaching out first Intro to 3gun class tommorrow at Peacemaker National Training Center which is also the location for the FN match this year. Our plan is to teach a 4 hour class each month the week preceeding a club match, then have the class participants squad with the instructor at the club match to help them get over the anxiety of the first match. Attached is the class outline and handouts we planned on using.

If any of you guys are looking to teach a class at your club feel free to use any of this material that would help.

Introduction to 3 Gun.pdf

Edited by ap3

We are teaching out first Intro to 3gun class tommorrow at Peacemaker National Training Center which is also the location for the FN match this year. Our plan is to teach a 4 hour class each month the week preceeding a club match, then have the class participants squad with the instructor at the club match to help them get over the anxiety of the first match. Attached is the class outline and handouts we planned on using.

If any of you guys are looking to teach a class at your club feel free to use any of this material that would help.

Introduction to 3 Gun.pdf

Damn that is good! Did you put that together AP3? Can I post that on my forum?

Your more than welcome to put it on your forum, and If anybody wants a copy they can modify PM me and I will send a Word version.

The first class went well, its wierd though that it used to be nobody shot 3gun until they had done some competition pistol first, but i had 5 guys in class that 3gun was going to be their first gun sport. It makes the class a little longer becasue you have to go over the safety rules in more detail. That would be one element I would add to this handout is a detail sheet on the range commands and common safety rules.

• 4 months later...

We just ran a class in Colorado, 30 students with 58 on the waiting list! We used a few of the handout slides from the RIO class. We also covered Long range/Precision rifle matches and required everyone to have competed (in some sanctioned form) before.