Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Would you stop the shooter??

Tman33_99

Yoda,

Thanks for the clarification. My area director was looking for a rule to back it up with. It is difficult to enforce such an action when your scoring program won't accept it and a specific rule isn't there to address it. Know what I mean???

Thanks again,

Jeff :rolleyes:

Scooter,

if a competitor is so unhappy with the situation that he disputes a decision made by RO and/or CRO and refuses to sign the score sheet the case must always referred to the Range Master. He can judge and take the heat while the stage crew can go on with their work. According to Murphy's law such incidents always happen when you can least have them - tight schedule, rest of squad waiting for their turn to shoot, yadda yadda yadda. You probably know what I mean.

The relevant rule is:

IPSC 9.7.3 Should a competitor refuse to sign or initial a score sheet, for any reason, the matter must be referred to the Range Master. If the Range Master is satisfied that the course of fire has been conducted and scored correctly the unsigned score sheet will be submitted as normal for inclusion in the match scores

Does this solve your question?

Jeff,

I think the rule you're seeking is:

9.10.3 A competitor who reacts to a start signal but, for any reason, does not continue their attempt at the course of fire and fails to have an official time recorded on the timing device operated by the Range Officer, will be given a zero time and zero score for that course of fire.

Hope this helps.

That looks like the rule.

I'm not sure if our scoring software will allow a time to be zero?  In not, that is not the fault of the rule book.  ;)

(Jeff, I would put a "DNF" in for that shooter on that stage.)

That's correct, Flex. EZWinScore won't allow you to enter a time of zero (had this issue just last night when a time was not recorded for a shooter). There is a drop-down box in the upper-right corner of the Enter Scores screen labeled DNF-Did Not Fire? that handles it.

HTH

That looks like the rule.

I'm not sure if our scoring software will allow a time to be zero?  In not, that is not the fault of the rule book.  ;)

(Jeff, I would put a "DNF" in for that shooter on that stage.)

That's correct, Flex. EZWinScore won't allow you to enter a time of zero (had this issue just last night when a time was not recorded for a shooter). There is a drop-down box in the upper-right corner of the Enter Scores screen labeled DNF-Did Not Fire? that handles it.

HTH

The lack of zero time entry capability is one of the "fixes" that is being done to EZWinScore to keep up with the new rules.

Arnie

You don't need to Zero the time, the Shooter refuses to continue be cause he screwed up his LAMR. Not my probelm, shoot the stage, Oh you want a reshoot? Why? Your gun isn't broke, If it was, you'd get a DNF and if you could fix it, you'd shoot the next stage, but this one is over for you. Oh, You want a do over? Sorry no do overs. Oh, you refuse to accept this, you think you should have a second chance do you? Please ULSC ICHDH and we can disscuss your pending DQ for USC with the RM and the MD.

No whining allowed.

Yes I have loaded and gone click. tap rack and go, the clock is running!

Jim

No, not a DQ for asking for a reshoot, A DQ for refusing to shoot he course of fire because he screwed up and forgot to load and then started an argument with the RO.

the following is a fictional account odf a possible scenaris that illustrates the situation in the question.

Do you undestand the COF?

LAMR

SR?

Standby!

Beep!

Click

:( Crap, I for got to LAMR, I want a do over! I refuse to shoot this COF and I won't accept a Zero.

Sir, IYAF, ULSC

NO, I want to start over right now!

Sir, is your gun broken?

No.

Are you finished?

Yes, I want a do over, I didn't fire a shot.

ULSC, ICHDH and step over here so we can discuss your attitude and the rules of the game.

No, I neglected to properly ensure that my firearm was in the prescribed ready condition and I want a second chance! I will not move until you give it to me.

Sir, I am sorry, but the rules state that you don't get a Do Over. This is practical shooting, you are supposed to be ready when the beeper sounds.

(Editorial comment, If the same shooter reloaded to an empty magazine would you give him a Do Over?)

If your firearm is not broken and you stopped yourself and demanded a reshoot, I asked you are you finished, you stated clearly, you were, but that you wanted a reshoot, then I have no choice but to issue you a DNF did not fire this course, the same as if your firing pin broke. lease step aside now so the next shooter may compete.

No!

Then sir, I regret to inform you that you are about to incur a DQ for USC.

Jim