Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

mossberg 930 spx

countryboy223

Think most of the people getting 930's are getting the field model and chopping the barrel and rethreading for chokes. I believe they are doing just that for under the price of the spx. Then get an extended tube and you're ready. You then can add other mods as you set aside money, all without breaking the bank or going over budget.

It's in the huge 930 thread. Soon has been given multiple definitions. The one I'm putting stock in is announcement at SHOT in January and shipping sometime after that. That's why I bought a regular 930 and an unported 24" barrel.

It's in the huge 930 thread. Soon has been given multiple definitions. The one I'm putting stock in is announcement at SHOT in January and shipping sometime after that. That's why I bought a regular 930 and an unported 24" barrel.

In the gun world, debuting at the next shot, and shipping sometime after that usually means debuting at the next shot and shipping after the shot show after that. I started with a 28" field and had it cut and threaded.

I really like my SPX for 3gun, with that said, I do Tac3 / Tac and not open where I assume I'd get spanked (more than I normally do that is) with the 7+1 config. I actually like the ghost ring setup and it's a real help on weak hand shooting. It takes some practice, but I use my SPX for Clays every other weekend and this has really helped maximizing my proficiency tracking with ghost rings.

As mentioned above, you'll need to choke it. I sent my barrel to poly-choke and had them thread and install their choke (get the non-ported model if you go this route).

With that said, there's a valid argument for longer barrels, but so far, I haven't had trouble knocking down any steel with my setup and my Clays game is not the worst out there either.

I just bought a 930 SPX because it was on sale. I'll use it as a backup to my M1 spaghetti tosser, which has an 18.5" barrel and ghost ring sights. I've never had any trouble knocking down steel with the Benelli using either IC or modified chokes. I'll probably get the 930 choked as soon as I can find someone I trust to do it. I'm not that competetive in 3 gun anyway; the ghost rings and short barrel aren't whats holding me back.