Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Powder Changes

That is definitely much faster and easier than dialing in a stock Dillon meter. Other options are adding a knob to the powder measurer nut. This isn't much easier, but at least you can adjust it without a wrench. Next, as you mentioned, you can just add another dedicated powder measurer. Still a bit of a task when you need to adjust it, but not bad at all once each of them are dialed in. Finally, my preferred method, you can get a micrometer powder knob from Uniquetek. I have a powder measurer for Titegroup and one from N320. Each of these has one of the micrometer knobs. This makes dialing in a load extremely easy and repeatable. Even with only one powder measurer, this is by far my recommendation. It's cheaper and in my opinion works better.

Although not as fast as having a second (or more) powder measure, you can also just swap the powder bar. Although you still need to check your charge, you can use different bars for different loads. That way each one will be very close, if not spot on.

Extra powder bars show up all the time on Ebay and Gunbroker.

Oh, and I LOVE those easy to turn blue knobs too. :-)

Fastest for me:

Pop down the white failsafe "washer"

Remove failsafe rod

Remove toolhead pins and toolhead

Dump powder, operate powder "crank" to remove any powder in the slide

Reassemble...

May not be the easiest tho...

That was my technique, when I was done reloading and needed to return the powder to it's airtight keg.

be

Fastest for me:

Remove failsafe rod

Reassemble...

That was my technique, when I was done reloading and needed to return the powder to it's airtight keg.

be

Duh! I had to read this several times. Now I get it. I took the entire measure off of the tool head. Forgot about just removing the pins and dumping. Thanks guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Fastest for me:

Remove failsafe rod

Reassemble...

be

That white failsafe "washer" sure is hard to pop down. Any tips or do you just muscle it?

Fastest for me:

Remove failsafe rod

Reassemble...

be

That white failsafe "washer" sure is hard to pop down. Any tips or do you just muscle it?

Lower the handle a few inches to take off the pressure of the spring on the failsafe rod, then pop out the white bushing or 'washer'.