Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Question about USPSA classification

Rob Traynham

I shot my first match on 09/04/11, immediately following I went home jumped online and joined the USPSA. The following weekend 09/11/11 I shot again and listed my number as pending because I hadn't received my packet yet. I've been told that it should count towards my classification, but it has yet to be posted to my profile, on the website. How long does it take for these scores to be retrieved and posted?

I shot my first match on 09/04/11, immediately following I went home jumped online and joined the USPSA. The following weekend 09/11/11 I shot again and listed my number as pending because I hadn't received my packet yet. I've been told that it should count towards my classification, but it has yet to be posted to my profile, on the website. How long does it take for these scores to be retrieved and posted?

They update membership and classification data somewhere around the 10th of the month and then post to the web around the 15th. However, this month they're running late, so your status may not update for another several days. At the latest, your data should be up to date by 10/15.

Edited by bbbean

As the rulebook will tell you ( now that someone provided a link for you to review ), updates are usually completed by the 15th of the month for classifiers received by the home office on the 10th. So for your scores on the 4th, they could be in the update, provided your MD or Club statistician sent them in on time. For the 11th, not likely. With that said, that is a normal month.

As you will see in this thread below, this month is a little different because of Nationals. No one has a concrete answer if/when they will be updated this month.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=136235

And your match director/statistician can always send in a correction/addition once they have your USPSA number.

Be sure to give your USPSA number to the club match director/statistician so they can provide a change to USPSA and also update their master database entry for your.

You likely won't see anything until about October 15th. Nationals is going right now so the office staff is limited and they did not run updates prior to the match. Once you get a number, you should be able to see the matches you have shot listed under your profile, but not listed in your classification report until they run the monthly update.

Mine is the same way. I shot a match in August and put down "pending" on my score sheet. I called a few days later when I got my number and they said they would enter it. It's still not in the system...

Should I call them again?

Who is "them"? USPSA or the clubs you shot at? It's usually best to take the sandwich approach: Call USPSA as well as the clubs that you shot at.

Mine is the same way. I shot a match in August and put down "pending" on my score sheet. I called a few days later when I got my number and they said they would enter it. It's still not in the system...

I wouldn't call yet. They have a very limited staff and a huge amount of scores to process. Add Nationals to the mix and it is the perfect storm for delays.

If it was after august 10 then it wouldn't have been submitted until September which is, as stated above, not processed yet.

I recently did the same and after getting my packet from uspsa, went on line and couldn't log in. Sent an email and the response - very quick - said what everybody has listed above, but the responder specifically wrote that it would not get updated until after nationals.

It was after the 10th, so that sums it up, thanks guys. I was just curious because the two matches I've shot since then have both been posted (scores) but I don't have any classifiers up yet.

Will my classification automatically be updated/input once I get 3 classifiers in the system?

It was after the 10th, so that sums it up, thanks guys. I was just curious because the two matches I've shot since then have both been posted (scores) but I don't have any classifiers up yet.

Will my classification automatically be updated/input once I get 3 classifiers in the system?

First 4 classifiers above 2% will give you your first class.

Bear in mind that the posting of scores (which apparently was done) is a separate and distinctly different process from the local club actually submitting the Classifier Report (that's what gets your classification data into the system). I'n not saying they did this, but it is possible to submit the scores for posting without uploading the classifier report. And after the Classifier report is uploaded, it won't be processed until the required activity fees have been paid.

The devil's in the details...

Bear in mind that the posting of scores (which apparently was done) is a separate and distinctly different process from the local club actually submitting the Classifier Report (that's what gets your classification data into the system). I'n not saying they did this, but it is possible to submit the scores for posting without uploading the classifier report. And after the Classifier report is uploaded, it won't be processed until the required activity fees have been paid.

The devil's in the details...

Also, some stats guys will post the match results, then wait a few days to see if anyone has comments/complaints before uploading the classifier results. While corrections to a classifier submission can be made, it is more work.