Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Waiting on builds

Mike Dame

they are usually about a month faster than what they tell you. ii just got my svi in august, i liked it so much i ordered another one this week. So the wait begins once again...atleast i have one to play with while i wait thou.

The hardest part for me is not spending that money while it is sitting there waiting on the smith to call and say mine is ready. I have bought more guns while waiting for guns, than not.

I am now set up for each division and can go shoot any division I want at any time so the next one that I order will either be a backup or a new primary for the one that I already have. Maybe that will make the waiting easier.

bought a Browning auto 22 in .22 short, to replace one my dad had stolen, needed a little work to get it 100% functional (it is a 1946 model, IIRC, old gallery gun) and then nice satin reblue and refinish the stocks. Three and a half years later... I got to give it to my dad for fathers day. Look on his face made the wait to give it worthwhile, but three and a half years, dude...

Almost two months down, not really sure how many more to go :blink: . SV makes great guns but the wait is torture for someone with a case of gotta-have-it-now :wacko:

I'm the same way. When I place the order, I really wanted it the week before. I already have 4 to help with the pain of waiting, but nothing really helps :devil:

Edited by SV-COP

This reminds me of when I had a body shop. I soon learned that doing a good job fast and a good job slow were entirely different. If we did a big repair in two or three days the customers always seemed to be unhappy with something, like all that money and it only took 3 days. Now if I told my body man to tear it down and then put it in the back lot for 3 weeks before he touched it again, then when it was done I had some very happy customers.

I got a feeling you are going to be very happy to get your gun!