Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XD vs XDM

2alpha

You can get any trigger you want, within reason. I have an XDm 4.5 in a 40cal and I have a PRP trigger. It has about a 3 or 3.5 lb pull and is a lot shorter travel and reset over the stock. It is very nice for the $135 I spent and i did it myself in an hour.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

I have both. The XDm is a little bit better balanced IMO. I didn't find much difference in the triggers-sent both to Springer Precision for trigger jobs. I also like the adjustable sight on the XDm-got rid of the FO for a black serrated Dawson .100. The match barrel is probably the biggest improvement over the XD Tactical. Of course one could also get a match barrel for the tactical.

Eric, even with a 1.9 oz tungsten guide rod insert, it is not nose heavy, unlike the tactical. The balance point is right above the rear part of trigger. They are more accurate also. The longer grip allows you to rest it on the ground while shooting prone and you can adjust the grip to your liking. Coming with a great built in adjustable sight is icing on the cake.

Hello: I am not liking what I am hearing :roflol: I may have to get one now. I will shoot my tactical this weekend to see if I want another Springfield. It has been over a year since I shot it. Thanks, Eric

Dont fight it Eric... i got one and am very happy with it :lol:

Hello: OK, the new 5.25XDM has been out a little while. Is it really that much better than the standard XD 5" tactical? I was just curious to see if anyone likes one over the other. Thanks, Eric

I own both and they are both excellent ... however, the accuracy of the XDm 5.25 is better (it is a true Tack Driver!). I have found the same to be true with the 9mm and 45acp versions of the XDm. Look forward to buying the 40 cal version! :)