Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Worst reloading sesion ever 1050

I just had the worst reloading session of my life, 200 rounds in one hour on my 1050.

The machine locked down every 25 rounds, im getting sick of this thing.

First off all i changed the toolhead(quick change) from .38 super to 9 mm without using a conversionkit, many told me this is possible.

The first problem starts when the plunger feeds brass into the shelplate, but sometimes not entirly so that the brass is halfway stuck in the shellplate and when this brass comes to sizingdie it kills my deprimerpin.

Second problem is the primerslide, it chruses the primers every 1 in 25 and locks the machine down.

I've been reading every post on the primerproblem but can't get it fixed. maybe this time the primerpunch is a little too high.

What about problem one, do i need a conversionkit for 9 mm? i heard that was only the case with .223 rem and .38 rimless. Hope you guys can help.

I agree the 1050 can be the worst , but also the best

Like a great time with a woman, its all the preparation.

Look to the back at the slot that the primer slide bar rides in = make sure it has a full travel. make sure the primer slide does not have crud built up under the shell plate. yes you will have to remove the shell plate to check

Be patient, be nice and the 1050 will pay off nice on your next date ;)

I agree the 1050 can be the worst , but also the best

Like a great time with a woman, its all the preparation.

Look to the back at the slot that the primer slide bar rides in = make sure it has a full travel. make sure the primer slide does not have crud built up under the shell plate. yes you will have to remove the shell plate to check

Be patient, be nice and the 1050 will pay off nice on your next date ;)

You need to get away from your 1050 for a while Mr. Shooter. There may be some hidden issues. :roflol: Loki999, call Dillon while you're at your machine. They'll have all the answers. :cheers:

9MM and 38 Super use the same caliber conversion kit. The only changes are the dies and powder charge. Be sure the case feed plunger spring is not broken; otherwise check the shellplate for debris.To diagnose the primer feed problem, cycle the machine without brass, pluck the primer off each time. See how well it cycles.

Just to add;

Changing the tool head ALSO changes the primer plunger activator (I know Dillon probably calls it something else, but I can't remember the name and don't have the manual in front of me right now) as its attached to the tool head, so it may need adjustment...

jj

Never force the press. Any problem, clear all cases from the shell plate and determine what the problem is. Even if you are sure what the problem is, clear the deck any way and work those cases off one at a time.

Some times, though, you just want to force the issue, figuring that what ever breaks was the problem. Don't do it.