Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What are your thoughts on 3 Gun Nation?

I think the show is great. I would like to see a little more time on the gear of the top competitors. What they use, how they use it and why they like it. I love the tips and pointers part. The shows that spent a lot of time on heavy metal were ok but how many guys shoot it at the local level? Overall it is great for our sport and I really appreciate everything that goes into making it happen - thank you !!

I don't know, I thought the shows on Heavy Metal were pretty good.... :)

Maybe local matches will have a little better participation in HM now.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the show is great. I would like to see a little more time on the gear of the top competitors. What they use, how they use it and why they like it. I love the tips and pointers part. The shows that spent a lot of time on heavy metal were ok but how many guys shoot it at the local level? Overall it is great for our sport and I really appreciate everything that goes into making it happen - thank you !!

It was the character they picked to shoot HM. I think they were hired actors because they were not believable as shooters.

It was the character they picked to shoot HM. I think they were hired actors because they were not believable as shooters.

+1 and I thought they would have picked someone taller.

I've always heard TV makes someone look 10 pounds heavier. I was hoping it would make me look 2" taller........

;)

The trick is to stay close to the camera keeping the tall guys further away... :cheers:

I think this sounds very exciting and great for TV....

SECTION 5 – 3GN PRO SERIES 1-DAY MATCH OVERVIEW: (3GN Pro #1 & #3)

1. Competitors will complete stages 1 through 5. After the five combined stage totals have been scored, the top 32 will earn an hour break and the bottom 32 will begin preparations for the final stage. The complete order of finish will be reversed from last-to-first, thus having the 64th competitor shooting the final stage first and the competitor in 1st place shooting last. The 6th stage will start approximately 15 minutes after the finals have been posted. The 10 combined CRO/RO staff will be running the 6th and final stage. This will allow all competitors adequate time for preparation. The shooting order will be displayed and the responsibility will be on the competitors to know where they sit in the order. Competitors will need to be prepared and ready to compete when their name is announced. The entire field will be present as the final shooters complete stage 6.

2. A 3GN Real time scoring display will allow the up to the minute scoring as soon as the times are posted. The times needed to win overall or stay in the hunt for cash prizes will now be displayed to all present, including the competitor stepping to the line. A large scoreboard and time clock will be showcasing the actual runs, and they will immediately be updated to the current totals. The order of finish will be in real time including final run, where the event winner will be declared.

3. Each stage will be designed with a standardized set of guidelines that will remain consistent throughout the tour. Stage strategy and shooting ability will remain the predominant factors.

I think this sounds very exciting and great for TV....

SECTION 5 – 3GN PRO SERIES 1-DAY MATCH OVERVIEW: (3GN Pro #1 & #3)

1. Competitors will complete stages 1 through 5. After the five combined stage totals have been scored, the top 32 will earn an hour break and the bottom 32 will begin preparations for the final stage. The complete order of finish will be reversed from last-to-first, thus having the 64th competitor shooting the final stage first and the competitor in 1st place shooting last. The 6th stage will start approximately 15 minutes after the finals have been posted. The 10 combined CRO/RO staff will be running the 6th and final stage. This will allow all competitors adequate time for preparation. The shooting order will be displayed and the responsibility will be on the competitors to know where they sit in the order. Competitors will need to be prepared and ready to compete when their name is announced. The entire field will be present as the final shooters complete stage 6.

2. A 3GN Real time scoring display will allow the up to the minute scoring as soon as the times are posted. The times needed to win overall or stay in the hunt for cash prizes will now be displayed to all present, including the competitor stepping to the line. A large scoreboard and time clock will be showcasing the actual runs, and they will immediately be updated to the current totals. The order of finish will be in real time including final run, where the event winner will be declared.

3. Each stage will be designed with a standardized set of guidelines that will remain consistent throughout the tour. Stage strategy and shooting ability will remain the predominant factors.

It would be really nice if they would throw in a live web-cast as well so for those of us not there we could see the action happening while it's going down. Not seeing the scores and then watching how many ever weeks/months later on TV.

It would be really nice if they would throw in a live web-cast as well so for those of us not there we could see the action happening while it's going down. Not seeing the scores and then watching how many ever weeks/months later on TV.

I have it on good authority that something along those lines is being considered. :surprise:

I have it on good authority that something along those lines is being considered. :surprise:

I'd be happy with the episodes online a week or so later, but live would be awesome. I hope they have a place to stream it later though, because I'm guessing a lot of us will be shooting other matches while this is actually going on.

Live 'streaming' has a few issues, picture quality notwithstanding there is a lot of 'dead air' at matches while stages are being reset.

The method I have been testing uses .mov files so the viewer can choose what shooters they wish to see and allows the files to be archived elsewhere on the main site once the live coverage has concluded.

I haven't caught an episode on TV and they don't post them online. They really should post the full episodes.

Yup, I'm really hoping they do soon - been waiting on seeing them since I haven't seen anything after the Iron Man show.