Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Virgil Tripp Lost His Home in the TX Fires

doc540

1,600 homes were destroyed in that one fire near Bastrop, the worst in the State's history. Many more fires were burning at the same time elsewhere. Many lost their homes and their livelihood, all due to someone's carelessness or negligence. :(

1,600 homes were destroyed in that one fire near Bastrop, the worst in the State's history. Many more fires were burning at the same time elsewhere. Many lost their homes and their livelihood, all due to someone's carelessness or negligence. :(

Mickster was closer to the big one, much closer than us.

Our cars are still packed. On Labor Day, I was down to one escape route because of fires all around. If it were just the Bastrop fire, I would unpack. But there have been little fires pretty much every day, 100 acres here, 200 there, a front yard down the road. Nothing within a mile of the house, but that is nothing out here.

I just ordered some Tripp magazines; was meaning to, now is a good time.

ETA to meet forum guidelines: I hate wildfires.

Lee

Edited by lmccrock

Virgil and Shari lived in Alpine Tx for a number of years and just moved to Bastrop this summer to be closer to family. They lost the house and thier personal possions The stuff can be replaced and they still have the memories. Knowing the Tripps I expect they will step over the ashes and go on. Strong folks.----------Larry

Virgil and Shari lived in Alpine Tx for a number of years and just moved to Bastrop this summer to be closer to family. They lost the house and thier personal possions The stuff can be replaced and they still have the memories. Knowing the Tripps I expect they will step over the ashes and go on. Strong folks.----------Larry

My mom lost her house a few years ago on Christmas. She sucked it up and rebuilt as I'm sure Virgil and Sherri will do as well. Strong people. Fires suck. Negligent people suck more!

• 2 weeks later...

I spoke on the phone with someone from Tripp this morning. I had placed an order before the fire and was wondering when they might start shipping again. I wasn't trying to rush anything, I just wanted to know for planning purposes. I understand that their issues right now are much more severe.

What I found out is they are doing everything possible to get running again. From what I hear, they are going to bust their butts to take care of their customers. They are a class act. If you were going to order from them, do so. I would be confident they will take care of you quickly, despite the fires!

• 3 months later...