Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XDM 5.25 9mm Sight Options?

theycallmeingot

Where did you get that info? The TFO's we just got in from TruGlo are the same as they have always been. The tritium tube dictates the need to be wide enough (Dawson can fit it in a .125 wide sight) to have the tube fit it in. Also it is "extra" long so the fiber fits in it and reduces the sight radius quite a bit.

They don't work on the 5.25's either.

I had a set on a gun many years ago and ditched them because they were so fat they covered a plate out at distance...a buddy of mine just put a set on his Glock and it seemed much, mich skinnier....Maybe the sight they were set in was fat on mine??????

Trying to remember....I swear the tritium portion was around the fiber, not behind it..that would make it fatter

Edited by waynes_world_45

Where did you get that info? The TFO's we just got in from TruGlo are the same as they have always been. The tritium tube dictates the need to be wide enough (Dawson can fit it in a .125 wide sight) to have the tube fit it in. Also it is "extra" long so the fiber fits in it and reduces the sight radius quite a bit.

They don't work on the 5.25's either.

I had a set on a gun many years ago and ditched them because they were so fat they covered a plate out at distance...a buddy of mine just put a set on his Glock and it seemed much, mich skinnier....Maybe the sight they were set in was fat on mine??????

Trying to remember....I swear the tritium portion was around the fiber, not behind it..that would make it fatter

I've been selling and installing them for 7 years or so and haven't seen a change in them. The Tritium vial sits behind the fiber optic tube and they glue the fiber optic in. I don't know how they would put it around the fiber optic tube. The non Tritium version (Brite Site) are smaller in size, and we've seen more than a few people think they bought TFO's (online) cheap to find out they were not TFO's but the Brite Site.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...