Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Boy it's been HOT

Silver_Surfer

A two-week stretch of 90-93 degree weather here (which ended suddenly late yesterday with a godsend change of wind direction)... and that's fairly hot for our neck of the woods. Yes, it drains the heck out of you. Not only that, we had fires east of the Cascade Range which blew over HERE (in an unusal on-shore flow for the duration) and so there's grit and ash all over everything--not to mention runny eyes and sore throats. :rolleyes:

But I have to sympathize profoundly with the fried folks in Texas who saw at least 60 days of over-100 degree conditions, and I can hardly imagine that. :surprise:

A two-week stretch of 90-93 degree weather here (which ended suddenly late yesterday with a godsend change of wind direction)... and that's fairly hot for our neck of the woods. Yes, it drains the heck out of you. Not only that, we had fires east of the Cascade Range which blew over HERE (in an unusal on-shore flow for the duration) and so there's grit and ash all over everything--not to mention runny eyes and sore throats. :rolleyes:

But I have to sympathize profoundly with the fried folks in Texas who saw at least 60 days of over-100 degree conditions, and I can hardly imagine that. :surprise:

104 here in Central Texas (Fort Hood area) today.

Man, last week in Biloxi the weather got cooler for a few days. Saturday morning at0730 I arrived at our range to set up, and i thought about putting my emergency long sleev on. It was like 63. Just over a week or so ago it was 98 with an index of about 105. Not quite as hot as DFW, but the humidity was 95 percent. We normally tell people that on teh Gulf Coast in August we have the 90's. 90+ degrees and 90+ percent huidity.

I have spent the large portion of last month digging in unseasonably hot AND unusually humid weather. 110 and above, and humid enough to even rain on some days. (Which helps none whatsoever with the heat as it just makes it MORe humid!) It just stared cooling off the first time today. I FEEL YOUR PAIN!