Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli Malfunction

oddjob

its not an AR!!! it just needs lubrication not "wet"

It also sounds like many of us have been tinkering with guns when we "think" we know what we're doing instead of "knowing" what we're doing. Also generic fixes, are just a band aid waiting for the bleeding to start again, fix the problem correctly, in order to do that you "need" to know what your gun is doing when it malfunctions, not guess.

Trapr

Jamie...stay away from your shotgun with the drills! Working on it yourself caused all this in the first place, but since you brought it up are you going to run some Makita,s or some DeWalt,s? :roflol:

Kurty Kurty Kurty Every one knows that Makita's are for messing up Remingtons, and Dewalts are for messing up FNs

I used a Bosch to mess up my gun, thats what I thought worked on Benellis

OK my gun did it again with the shell caught on the lip of the lifter. The lifter is not dropping down all the way before the next shell is released by the carrier latch

Jamie...stay away from your shotgun with the drills! Working on it yourself caused all this in the first place, but since you brought it up are you going to run some Makita,s or some DeWalt,s? :roflol:

Kurty Kurty Kurty Every one knows that Makita's are for messing up Remingtons, and Dewalts are for messing up FNs

OK my gun did it again with the shell caught on the lip of the lifter. The lifter is not dropping down all the way before the next shell is released by the carrier latch

Jamie,

I noticed a problem after I reassembled the trigger group on a friends M2. After I welded and bent the lifter, it would raise easily, but would slowly lower back down after the bolt was closed. Further inspection showed that the sides of the lifter had been pinched in too much from the vise and the fit on the plastic trigger housing was too tight. I pressed in a piece of bar stock to push them back out to the proper dimension, and the lifter moves freely.

My oops for squeezing it too tight in the first place.

You may want to give it a look and see if the fit is a little too tight.

Edited by ShootfastRunfaster

• 1 month later...

Jamie,

I noticed a problem after I reassembled the trigger group on a friends M2. After I welded and bent the lifter, it would raise easily, but would slowly lower back down after the bolt was closed. Further inspection showed that the sides of the lifter had been pinched in too much from the vise and the fit on the plastic trigger housing was too tight. I pressed in a piece of bar stock to push them back out to the proper dimension, and the lifter moves freely.

My oops for squeezing it too tight in the first place.

You may want to give it a look and see if the fit is a little too tight.

Hey Thats something I am going to check with a caliper. That may be the only thing we did not use to check the parts, my gun seams to be a combination of small things.

I got some help from the Big Guys = thought it was the (Ghost load) cut at the back of the bolt. But it still does the same thing 3 times in 100 rounds. at a match of course. I did not have any range time to check it first.

I did put my stock Bolt & Stock trigger set in the gun and that seams to cure the problem. =Thats what I did to get through Rocky Mountain after it barf-fed on me.

Grounding the butt of the stock with an attitude will clear the bolt forward.

Edited by AlamoShooter

The welded up lifter that was at the start of the problem is actually wider at the top than the bottom and wider at the top than the stock lifter

0.755" O.D. both units at the bottom near the pin /hing hole

0.734" I.D. stock unit =just under the pin / hing hole

0.742" I.D. welded unit = just under the pin/ hing hole

0.736" I.D. stock unit =just over the pin hole

0.744" I.D. welded unit = just over the pin hole

I can tell when I put just the lifter on the trigger housing with out any other parts installed that

the stock unit wiggles less side to side than the welded unit

tonight I will use a wood vise to make the welded unit match the stock .

The thickness of the metal match on both units at 0.057"

Jamie...stay away from your shotgun with the drills! Woking on it yourself caused all this in the first place, but since you brought it up are you going to run some Makita,s or some DeWalt,s? :roflol:

DeWalt's are a huge problem for me........

post-5595-0-75768600-1318959545_thumb.jp

Jamie...stay away from your shotgun with the drills! Woking on it yourself caused all this in the first place, but since you brought it up are you going to run some Makita,s or some DeWalt,s? :roflol:

DeWalt's are a huge problem for me........

I bumped a few driver tips off my bones , but have not broken one yet. I think like my head = my bones are hard.

My problem is still a monkey on my back. = tweaked the welded lifter to match the stock unit at the hing. confirmed that it moved free on the trigger housing with out any springs in it. Put the gun together with the new bolt and the old trigger with the welded part. it worked great for 75 rounds and thin with me going to shoot just two more rounds before I went home . !it jambed up again! dang it same old thing = the welded lifter catches the end of the shell and the bolt lock back.

So I put the stock trigger and non welded lifter in the gun and ran it for 40 rounds. Now off to Arkansas to see if it will make it through a match :wacko: = Thats no way to kill roaches

Since I have a TIG welder I decided I could weld my own lifter. Used the tip of a stainless steel race car exhaust valve stem and thought the rounded, extended edge looked really sexy. Jesse's right, I had to take it back to the original length to get a problem very similar to what you're talking about to quit happening. Shell was past the catch at the end of the tube, with the lifter wedged against it.

Benny, you sound like my crew chief from my sprint car days. But he wasn't there working on the car every night so I had to touch TOOLS! In addition to the tig welder I have a grinder, a buffer, a drill press, a torch and all sorts of things I can screw up stuff with. Promise, I didn't ruin the great Benelli you built for me. Works fine once I shortened it back to stock length. Still managed to catch my thumb under the welded lifter. Guess you really can't fix stupid.

• 2 weeks later...

MY gun still hates me for some reason. just before the Arkansas event I put in the stock trigger set & the stock bolt.

The Gun still locked up on one stage. Dumped my over all score again, this is 5,000 miles in travel with out a consistent gun. I had not idea that any-one could be so stupid.

I will make time for the trip to see Benny

OK this afternoon 20 rounds with the new M2 receiver, my old trigger set with the Welded lifter. and my old improved bolt.

The Gun Locked up the same old way Dang! :angry:

Old gun new parts = it lockes up

New gun old parts = it locks up

I have to try the new gun new stock parts and see if it will run :wacko: Wacko Wacko Wacko

Edited by AlamoShooter