Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Top Shot Season 3 Episode 5

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So a slightly on topic question: Are contestants allowed to bring airsoft guns, bows, blowdarts, knives, etc when they go to the house?

Nothing like that. Also, no books,radios, ipods, phones, computers.

So a slightly on topic question: Are contestants allowed to bring airsoft guns, bows, blowdarts, knives, etc when they go to the house?

No wonder Dustin was out in the backyard tossing rocks at a can...

Wow, that stinks that they don't even allow books. I bet that's all just so they can get the most interaction between all the contestants and make for some good tv though.

Wow. No books? Jeez. No wonder I keep seeing people playing cards in the downtime..... nothing else to do.

Yeah, don't want any copies of Brian Enos' book sitting around on the coffee table, would we? Or would Machiavelli be a more popular read at the house?

Hmmm... idle hands are the devils workshop. Kind of a big brother house situation. Wind the contestants up a bit, then give them nothing to do with their down time. Wait for eruptions.

I'd be curious to see what Gunny Zins was writing in his notebook from the previous season. As I recall, most of the footage in the house had him at a table with the notebook open. Or was it somebody else if I'm misattributing a name to a face.

I predict that the Hotchkiss gun will make MAJOR POWER FACTOR!!!!! :bow:

Yes it would but think about what it would do to a pepper popper!

Cliff did a great job and is representing USPSA well as are the other shooters.

Agreed!

For those who don't like the show why watch?? ................. Top shot is a good thing for the shooting sports and the 2nd amendment. How can that be garbage??

Great post Cliff, I noticed the History Channel doesn't have chat anymore (at least not for Top Shot) and I figure it was all the losers griping about this and that and how they didn't do it the way that poster thought it should be done. If you don't like the show go watch American Idol or something!

BTW Cliff, its my understanding you shoot with my old club from time to time, Tampa Bay Pistol Club. Good bunch there, I moved to Texas in 1997 and miss that crowd. Just ask about the guy that used to shoot a S&W627 in the 5th Sunday matches rather than an open gun with the handloads that where loud and sometimes scorched the targets. A guy once asked me if I used those loads to scare the poppers and plates in to jumping down to the ground so they wouldn't feel the pain!

Have fun all!

My biggest issue on previous seasons was the lack of man-on-man competition. Since 90% of the events have been actual competition like this instead of against the clock, I have been enjoying these shows and I don't have any problems with the primitive weapons. It's all exciting, especially with weapons like rocks where nobody has prepared for it. Fundamentals and mental strength under pressure show up with any weapon.

I don't know whether to look forward to tonight's episode, or not. It'll be good to see the past winners, but the Tivo description of tonight's episode also includes the text "a fight breaks out between two competitors". *sigh*

More shooting, less drama, please.

I didn't think I would like that episode going in but, I really enjoyed it. Maybe we can work a rock throwing stage in at the next 3-gun match I go to. Scratch that, make it a 3-rocks match.

my take exactly. when I saw it was going to be rocks, I was grumbling *mblflfking sijtid*, once cliff was up there chucking them I was on the edge of my seat "go go go!" LOL.

Am enjoying the show and it's a nice edge to have Cliff's take here.