Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 15lb MS, clipped

Racer377

Because I can't leave well enough alone, I clipped the dead coil and one more off the 15lb mainspring. Tried the bic pen test, and from desk height, the pen hits the ceiling. I should be good to go with pretty much any primer, right?

I've read here that lighter than 15 is asking for problems without an extended firing pin, but I don't think any striker fired pistol I've ever owned will launch a pen like that.

Is it normal for a CZ that is otherwise prone to light strikes to do so well on the pen test, as compared to a striker fired pistol?

I've got a box of Lawman, CCI primers, I think. It's only 50rds, not much of a test. With any luck, I can make to the range this weekend and give it a shot. Otherwise, it won't be until my next match. I've got an unmolested 15lb standing by just in case, but would rather not blow a stage to find out. Match ammo is all WSP primed.

The DA with the stock 15 isn't bad, but with the 1 active coil slipped, it's very nice.

i run a 13 lb with two coils cut off. runs on federal only. only real test isn't launching a pen, but runnign some through the gun. but if it's hitting the ceiling, it sounds fine. try to order a 13lb mainspring and see if that works for you.

Are you using the extended firing pin as well?

I had planned on ordering up a 13 and and extended firing pin, but both are out of stock at CZ Custom. Is there another source out there?

If the clipped 15 tests out OK, I might not mess with it anymore though! It's already the best DA pull I've ever experienced.

Sorry for all the questions! I'm trying to learn everything I possibly can about this platform.

Edited by Racer377

I'm with Burningsquirrels on this one. I have a CZ75B with 13lb spring and shoot mostly federal, never had a problem. I'm also running a shadow hammer. Also using the stock firing pin not the extended.

Edited by RIPPED1

13# spring ought to light off Fed and WIN with no problem, clip a few coils you may need to lighten the FP spring or got to ext firing pin

have a couple guns set up with a 8.5# mainspring and running FED only, iffy with WIN.

13# spring ought to light off Fed and WIN with no problem, clip a few coils you may need to lighten the FP spring or got to ext firing pin

have a couple guns set up with a 8.5# mainspring and running FED only, iffy with WIN.

where did you find an 8.5# mainspring?

Cajun Gun Works

Cajun Gun Works

Cajun Gun Works sells the Ultimate Trigger Kit which includes the 8.5 and 11.5 spring plus an extended firing pin and a reduced power firing pin spring.

yep...it's a CGW part.

I am running with std firing pin. set up at 4.8# DA, 2# SA FED primer only.

Is the CGW triggerset production legal?

The spring kit, extended fireing pin and the disonnector are legal. There seems to be a following of folks that say the trigger is not, even though it is a CZ part but not offered for the SP01. The cut down trigger due to change in appearance is not legal, and I took it out of my gun.