Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

? on M&P Pro

Rob Traynham

• 2 weeks later...

3 of the 5 guys i shoot with just switched to this gun and the love it. they are very comfy.

you guys were able to find 3 5" 40 pros's? they are pretty hard to find. Download the 40 and you can run with the 9's all day long. I love mine

• 3 weeks later...

40 vs 9 - about .01 per round difference if you reload...

To me the only real advantage to a 9mm is being able to shoot of the shelf ammo when I am working away from home.

If you need to make do with a single gun - and especially if you reload - a .40 is sure warrants consideration.

• 2 weeks later...

M&P 40 +1! I use it for IDPA SSP, change to stippled back-strap and shoot ESP, then use major rounds to shoot L10 or Limited in USPSA. If it gets on the production list for USPSA that will be 5 divisions between IDPA and USPSA. Works fine for steel matches as well. Very flexible platform. My son has it in 9mm for steel, IDPA and USPSA (he's 13) and I agree the 40 is "gentle" with minor loads.

M&P 40 +1! I use it for IDPA SSP, change to stippled back-strap and shoot ESP

I thought you could have a stippled back-strap in SSP?

Would'nt that be similar to changing grips?

I am pretty sure stippling anywhere else makes it ESP, since that stippling (in the front strap for example)

would be a permanent modification.

M&P 40 +1! I use it for IDPA SSP, change to stippled back-strap and shoot ESP

I thought you could have a stippled back-strap in SSP?

Would'nt that be similar to changing grips?

I am pretty sure stippling anywhere else makes it ESP, since that stippling (in the front strap for example)

would be a permanent modification.

As for stippling the M&P. The removable backstrap is considered the "grip" of the gun. I had this clarified by Robert Ray prior to the 2009 IDPA Nationals. If you search the IDPA forum you can find the written clarification.