Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WHOSE GOING TO THE SINGLE STACK CLASSIC?

TODD MUCHOW

Hello, just wondering who is all going. I am an avid IDPA shooter who has never shot USPSA rules. I will be shooting my Wilson 45. acp, what, as an IDPA guy should I be aware of? any tips would be greatly appreciated. Will you be there Brian? I will be shooting Friday, and will be attending TGO's class on Thursday which I am TOTALLY STOAKED for. I will be comming from the frozen Dakota region. Since I shoot on Friday, will I be able to attend saturdays match to watch?

Thanks.

(Edited by TODD MUCHOW at 3:12 pm on Dec. 31, 2001)

Don't know if I'll shoot it this year or not.  I've only shot it once, a couple years ago.  Yes, you can watch on Saturday.  TGO will probably shoot Saturday, so it would be a good time to watch.

Tips - Learn to reload. :) In IDPA, your goal is often to go to slide-lock, reload behind cover, retain the magazine, etc. Your reloads for USPSA will be different. Forget about retaining the magazine. Reload when it makes the most sense, usually while moving.  Avoid slide-lock reloads. Since IDPA has all reloads behind cover, movement is not emphasized enough. Practice reloading while moving. Learn to plan your reload strategy.

On equipment, I'd recommend 3-4 single mag pouches or a couple doubles.  With IDPA, you're limited to 2 spare mags.  Since USPSA doesn't limit you, why not carry more ammo? You never know when you may have a malfunction or drop a mag.  I'd also recommend having 6 good, functional magazines.

• 4 months later...