Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

what yardage to zero my open glock 9mm major

shooter.860

It really depends on how much higher the scope is, over the bore.

With a C-More, on a conventional mount, I zero at 16 yards, which puts my point of impact high at 25 yards. With a sideways mount, that puts the scope lower, I zero at 25 yards.

with STI vertical mount, 6moa dot cmore at 17 yards, I zero off top of dot.

I believe this keeps my shot within 2 inches of point of aim out to 50 yards.

All shots beyond say 28 yards I try for top of dot as POI.

Now if I could just get the freakin cmore to hold a zero.

BB

Now if I could just get the freakin cmore to hold a zero.

BB

Do you have a glare shield on it? I had one that had a Limcat shield on it and it wouldn't hold zero for squat. I put the regular plate back on and, knock wood, its been dead on for months now.

With a C-More, on a conventional mount, I zero at 16 yards, which puts my point of impact high at 25 yards. With a sideways mount, that puts the scope lower, I zero at 25 yards.

Just curious, why different for sideways mounts? why 25? All my irons and now my sideways, I usually zero at 18 yards to give me a compromise between the 5 yard targets and the 30 yard targets. Thanks for any info...

Just curious, why different for sideways mounts? why 25? All my irons and now my sideways, I usually zero at 18 yards to give me a compromise between the 5 yard targets and the 30 yard targets. Thanks for any info...

With the sideways mount,it puts the scope a lot closer to the bore, and with a 25 yard zero, I'm within an inch from 5-50 yards.

Parallax error. The farther the scope is from the bore the greater the error.

So if you sight in at 16-17ft with a c-more dead on, close targets will have hits lower then dot and longer targets will have hits higher then the dot.

Think about it, if you have a point blank target hits will be low the distance from bore to dot/sight aim point. For hits to impact, at the dot/sight aim point, you have to have some angle between the bullet flight path and the line of sight path before they will intersect. You still have the error with iron, side, or slide ride dot sights it is just not as great. i.e. less angle.

MDA

Yeah, good point. I only shot the serendipity sight once or twice so I can't say much for it. For my Cheely mounted Cmore, if I sight in at about 18, I'm about an inch or so low at 3-5 yards and about 2 inches high at 30. I just figured 18 was my ideal range since most targets are 10-20 yards with sporadic short ones and minimal long shots.

Thanks for the info...