Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

receiving a loaded shotgun in the mail

kellymc

Call up whoever sent it and tell them you didn't find them before pulling the trigger and he owes you a new 65" flat screen.

How about trying to explain to the wife how I accidently shot her picture on the wall dead center

Call up whoever sent it and tell them you didn't find them before pulling the trigger and he owes you a new 65" flat screen.

Bingo... because that is exactly what could have happened!!! :angry2:

MAKE 'EM PAY! :devil:

:roflol:

How about trying to explain to the wife how I accidently shot her picture on the wall dead center

Yeah, telling her that's your normal dry fire target is probably not gonna go over well.

Had a similar experience a few years back. New shooter orientation. Miserable rainy day, guy works for a 'Government Agency' and is allowed when not in the CONUS to carry. Now last I checked NJ is IN the CONUS. So he says as he hands me a plastic Glock Box with his gun in it, Can you check to see if this will fit the holster I borrowed?

So I took the box, took the Glock out and Racked the slice back fully expecting it to lock back, instead a round popped out! And seeing as there was a loaded mag in the gun, it didn't lock back. I count the upbringing from my Father as having saved the day. I am amazed that he was able to get the gun into the box without it firing! The post depresses the trigger safety. It could have gone off if he dropped the box! I neglected to mention that this was occurring in the corner of the sign-up trailer as it was at that moment pouring cats and dogs. There was a back stop behind where I was, I did keep the gun pointed at all times in a safe direction, I did not insert it manually up his a$$ next to his head.

It never ceases to amaze me how ignorant or perhaps stupid some people are. Ignorance can usually be cured. Stupidity coupled with arrogance cannot.

devil.gif

Never let the muzzle of a gun point at anything you do not want to destroy or kill.

ph34r.gif

So that's why my guns start to move on their own when my mother in law comes over. :devil:

Had a similar experience a few years back. New shooter orientation. Miserable rainy day, guy works for a 'Government Agency' and is allowed when not in the CONUS to carry. Now last I checked NJ is IN the CONUS. So he says as he hands me a plastic Glock Box with his gun in it, Can you check to see if this will fit the holster I borrowed?

So I took the box, took the Glock out and Racked the slice back fully expecting it to lock back, instead a round popped out! And seeing as there was a loaded mag in the gun, it didn't lock back. I count the upbringing from my Father as having saved the day. I am amazed that he was able to get the gun into the box without it firing! The post depresses the trigger safety. It could have gone off if he dropped the box! I neglected to mention that this was occurring in the corner of the sign-up trailer as it was at that moment pouring cats and dogs. There was a back stop behind where I was, I did keep the gun pointed at all times in a safe direction, I did not insert it manually up his a$ next to his head.

It never ceases to amaze me how ignorant or perhaps stupid some people are. Ignorance can usually be cured. Stupidity coupled with arrogance cannot.

I absolutely hate situations like this!

You should have walked over to the deepest puddle you could find and cleared the gun by racking the slide one round at a time over said puddle and then eject the now empty magazine into the same puddle. Then hand him back his now clear gun and walked away.

Pat