Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New member from Illinois

Roaddog77

Been a member for a short time but I just dont post very much. I live in Belleville Illinois and wanted to see if there was anyone that even lived close to me? Also looking for a place to shoot at and people to shoot with. So far I like everything this site has to offer!!

Been a member for a short time but I just dont post very much. I live in Belleville Illinois and wanted to see if there was anyone that even lived close to me? Also looking for a place to shoot at and people to shoot with. So far I like everything this site has to offer!!

I'm from Mt Vernon. The closest match for you is in Sparta. Do a search on here, I think a few of the regulars there are from the Belleville area. Usually the MD there posts an anouncement in the Match Anouncement Fourm. There is also a monthly match in Arnold MO.

+1 on Sparta!

We had the IL State IDPA match and the Wounded Warrior Project Match there - great range!

I totally want to head down and shoot trap there even though I'm not sure which end the bullet - Right? there's a bullet in a shotgun - comes out of! 3 MILES of trap fields was a gorgeous sight, even for a total dork like me...

Thanks for all the responses so far. Sparta isnt that far from me and I do need to look into it. Also I knew about Arnold but dont you need to be a member there?

You can shoot there three times in your lifetime without being a member. I do believe that does not count matches that are part of a membership drive or big matches, just their normal monthly match

Thanks for all the responses so far. Sparta isnt that far from me and I do need to look into it. Also I knew about Arnold but dont you need to be a member there?

You can shoot there three times in your lifetime without being a member. I do believe that does not count matches that are part of a membership drive or big matches, just their normal monthly match

Got ya! I need to try one of their steel matches then. I am doing a GSSF match in September out by Columbia so pretty excited about that!!

There is a USPSA match at Lefthanders Gun Club in Loami, IL just near Springfield, up I-55 this weekend if you are willing to travel a bit to shoot.

We will be shooting 5 stages and a classifier the round count is 125.

Saturday setup crew shoots for $10.00 setup starts at 8 am. (You must help setup to shoot Saturday.)

Sunday is $15.00 sign up at 8 am reshoots are always $5.00

There are a couple of guys from around the Belleville area that usually drive up to shoot the match.

One of the guys on here (I believe from around Belleville) administers a shooting forum for the St. Louis area.

http://www.stlouisshooters.com/forum/portal.php

I have more information about central Illinois USPSA matches if you are interested in traveling north for local matches. I think membership at Arnold is your best bet for a lot of shooting.

I have heard a lot of good things about Arnold. Only shot there once because of the 3 shoots rule.

Good Shooting & Welcome!

Dirk

Edited by furyalecto

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!!

welcome to the forum. i'm a new member as well from Marion, IL. i've been to two Sparta matches so far, and had a blast both times. definitely worth the near 2 hour drive. if you have any questions about it, PM me and i can try to help or better yet, get you in touch with the Sparta Match Director, who is a very helpful fellow.

If you're ever down this far south, you're welcome at the backyard range. :)

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!!

welcome to the forum. i'm a new member as well from Marion, IL. i've been to two Sparta matches so far, and had a blast both times. definitely worth the near 2 hour drive. if you have any questions about it, PM me and i can try to help or better yet, get you in touch with the Sparta Match Director, who is a very helpful fellow.

If you're ever down this far south, you're welcome at the backyard range. :)

Thank you sir!! I might just have to take you up on the backyard invite! I need someone to shoot and train with!!