Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ruger Rimfire World Championship in New Mexico.

Hello: This coming weekend August 6-7 2011 will be the Ruger Rimfire World Championship here in New Mexico. It will be held at the Founders Ranch where they hold End of Trails cowboy championship. It should be a fun match. My 12 year old son and I are going to shoot it. Thanks, Eric

Hello: Day one of the match is over. We shot pistol today. I shot with Doug Carden who is a very big guy who supplied shade with some of his buddies :roflol: He is a very good shooter and a nice guy also :cheers: I also shot with Tim from Nordic and his son Matt who is faster than last year. Cheryl and Rod Current are always fun to shoot with as well. My son shot well today and was having fun. We have a great squad and will be shooting rifles tomorrow and we will see how that goes :surprise: Thanks, Eric

Edited by Aircooled6racer

Hello: No scores posted yet since Mike is resting after the match. BJ Norris won, John Alchin 2nd and John Badakis 3rd overall. I ended up 24th overall even with my rifle problems and my son was 56th, 11th junior. Matt Ubl was 1st junior and 12th overall. Our squad took some wood home and had lots of fun :cheers: I also learned what to look for on my rifle barrel now thanks to Doug Carden. Here are some pics of our squad. Thanks, Eric

post-9254-0-29491700-1312825477_thumb.jp

post-9254-0-69442500-1312825496_thumb.jp

post-9254-0-96605000-1312825514_thumb.jp

post-9254-0-55142700-1312825530_thumb.jp

Edited by Aircooled6racer

Hello Eric,

Enjoyed shooting with you and your son this weekend. Shot with you all weekend and didn't realize who you were by screen name untill tonight. Squad 2 rocked!

Thanks to all the sponsors who support these matches! :cheers:

These matches are alot of fun. Get to one if you can and bring a new shooter also.

Barry

Edited by Bearcave

Ah....finally have time to post... :roflol:

What a genuinely fun match, period. No stress, big egos, gaming, etc. Just a plain laid back match that was fun! All the comments I have heard about the range did not do it justice. Holy Crap Batman! I can't wait to go there again.

Our squad did rock, and it was nice to meet Eric and his son Colin, who is already a fierce competitor! I look forward to shooting with them again in the future.

For those who thought the match wasn't challenging enough it all boils down to the results and how you finished. Some people were not happy with the mulligan rule and the random prize table, but that is the way the match was run, and it was a great time.

Our team had a great showing, and kudos to my little buddies Matt Ubl, first junior (little guy is a speed demon), and my teammate Louis Surgi, who placed 2nd Junior. These folks are the future, and it will be fun seeing them continue to improve as they get older.

I have to say that I have now attended my 2nd major rimfire match, and have had NO malfunctions or pukes using CCI standard ammunition in my Volquartsen guns (yes, they sponsor me, but damn the guns work!)

I have been fighting rimfire guns for the last 5 years and it is sooooo fun to shoot a match and lose due to your mistakes instead of the guns/ammo.....LOL :wacko: .

If you have the opportunity to attend one of the Ruger Rimfire Series matches prepare to relax and have fun, period. It doesn't get any better than this, folks.

Here is the Downrange TV teaser video....

My link

Most of our squad was shown shooting....BONUS!

Out of the last two matches the only AR .22 topend that I saw run the whole match without any puking was the Nordic .22 upper/BlackDog mag combos, and there was 4 in our squad this year. The S&W M&P 22 rifles ran without issue as well as the good old 10/22 platforms. It is a great time to be shooting .22s with all the great guns out there to choose one. Pick one, buy some ammo, and take a Junior with you to the range~!

see you at the range,

DougC

Doug: Thanks for posting the video. Colin thinks he needs better stuff now that he is on TV :cheers: Just kidding. He is looking forward to shooting another match real soon. It was great to shoot with all of you rimfire guys and I learned alot from all of you. One thing is that I need to check all my gear before I shoot a big match and don't give my great running stuff to my son :roflol: As you stated it is a fun match to shoot and it helps to shoot with some great people who enjoy helping each other. I loaned out some of my stuff before the match so the people could shoot the match and have fun. I think this series will grow quickly with Ruger and great match directors like Mike G :cheers: Thanks, Eric

Hello: No scores posted yet since Mike is resting after the match. BJ Norris won, John Alchin 2nd and John Badakis 3rd overall. I ended up 24th overall even with my rifle problems and my son was 56th, 11th junior. Matt Ubl was 1st junior and 12th overall. Our squad took some wood home and had lots of fun :cheers: I also learned what to look for on my rifle barrel now thanks to Doug Carden. Here are some pics of our squad. Thanks, Eric

Sorry we did not get to meet at Founders Ranch last weekend. I edged you for 23th place inspite of my own rifle issues out there. My tacticalized Rem. 597 was having some feed issues in practice at Del Norte and the Shooting Park on the West Mesa. Lucky for me I took delivery of a brand new S&W AR15-22 PC model as a backup 3 days before I left Maryland to travel to Albuquerque. Only got that because in the People's Republic of Maryland all rifles including .22 with magazines over 20 are considered assault rifles and require a 7 day wait. But not ones that come with only a 10 round mag so with my dealer's help he ordered a Performance Center model and delivered it to me on the day his shop is normally closed. Got Rimfire Sports and Custom to drop 3 25s in my PO Box in WV as we are not allowed to buy anything over 20 in MD even though we can own them. Also bought 2 more in Alb. on Friday before the event. Had a hard time getting used to the heavy stock 2-stage trigger of the PC model compared to the 1.5# Jard in my 597. Still it ran flawlessly with no jams or malfunctions of any kind. Had to use my TruGlo red/green reflex sight on it from the 597. Will get another C-More for next year and some trigger work (or a Timney). My super customized Browning Buckmark did it's usual flawless work and I shot the 14th best pistol score even though I felt I was not shooting my best (edged Doug Carden by a few 10ths in the pistol match). My squad had Allie Barrett and Louis Sugyi, both of whom I outshot, so not bad for a 64 YO. Matt Rossignol in my squad beat all of us for the Super Senior title. I edged him on Sunday with the pistol but he had too big a lead from Saturday's rifle match. Had a great time and got to spend time with my brother and his wife for the first time in years.

Hello: Sorry we could not meet up. Sounds like you had fun at the match and shot well. I was 12th overall after the pistol but my rifle had some issues. I found the problem and it is fixed now. I did find that I could clear a Ruger 10/22 jam in under 2 seconds :surprise: I shot with Rod Current who was second senior but he had some pistol problems at first so I loaned him my spare model 41 barrel and he shott well after that. I like this match alot and had fun shooting with some great shooters. Hope to see you next year :cheers: Thanks, Eric

Hello: Sorry we could not meet up. Sounds like you had fun at the match and shot well. I was 12th overall after the pistol but my rifle had some issues. I found the problem and it is fixed now. I did find that I could clear a Ruger 10/22 jam in under 2 seconds :surprise: I shot with Rod Current who was second senior but he had some pistol problems at first so I loaned him my spare model 41 barrel and he shott well after that. I like this match alot and had fun shooting with some great shooters. Hope to see you next year :cheers: Thanks, Eric

As long as they are going to move it farther East for 2012 I will likely be wherever it is. I might even be living in NM by then. By the way where can you shoot Steel Challenge in NM these days?