Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G35 load for Limited with Tight Group

Chutist

I'm starting to shoot limited with a G35. Tight Group is about the only powder I can get easily. To use something else would require quite a bit of effort so unless there is a big advantage...

What OAL works best in the Glocks?

What Bullet weight would feel softest in the G35 with TG?

I have some 180gr. plated TC that I'm going to start with but I'm open to suggestions....

Looking for a starting point. :)

I load my Glock 35 with TG. I was not able to get 200 gr bullets to load without blowing the case shoulder out. They would not chamber. I shoot everything from 135 to 185 gr bullets. I also had alot of trouble with the plated bullets, even with a Barsto barrel.

Mike

180gr JHP by Zero. No smoke.

4.2gr Titegroup is real close to 165 factor. Go up or down from there as needed.

1.125 OAL, same as factory

G35, factory barrel [cleaned w/dry brass brush about every 2000 rounds]

I also think that 200's & fast powder are close to the edge in a Glock.

chrono data from last sunday

50F

STI 5" with Nowlin bbl. lead reamed for 1.210 OAL

4.5 TG 180 lead TC WSP 980 SD=8.00 OAL 1.125

4.5 TG 180 Lead TC WSR 1015 SD=16.67 OAL 1.125

I am working up a standard length load for my duty gun that will be a .40. Probably gonna go with 4.1-4.3 with pistol primer. Pretty much anything I have loaded with TG has been accurate......Hope this helps, and again it demonstrates the difference between pistol and rifle primers.

Chris,

Lead bullets aren't recomended for Glocks. With jacketed bullets to shoot Limited I expect you would want to shoot 165PF (Major) for the scoring advantage.

I shoot 180gr JHP with 4.5gr of Tightgroup in my 1911 and it's very accurate and just makes Major in my gun.

Steve