Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bobro Mount

I just received one from SWFA with a scope. Seems solid and looks good. Feels like the same quality material as the LaRue mount that I might use. I will pick one by the end of the weekend and the other will be up for sale by Monday. I will try to check back in after I have range time with it.

Matt

So I mounted up the scope and went to the range today. Overall I think I will keep the mount for a few matches and see how it performs. The only thing I can say I dont like is the vertical pins. It was a little bit of a pain, as the base of the mount is in the way when wrenching the nuts.

Overall not too bad.

Matt

I appreciate any feedback that you have on the Bobro mount as I am looking into it or a Larue. When you attached the scope rings did you use lock-tite? Were there any instructions on specific Torque settings on the scope rings? I loik the clean look of these rings but want to know how they will hold up. Can you post pics of it mounted.

Thanks for your feedback

<p>I have one of the extended models mounted with a Leupold1.5x5 MRT on a SCAR 16. I blue Loctited it and over torqued the studs and put it away. When I took it out of the case to sight in a couple days later about half of the studs had broken off. Shipped it back and the studs were replaced no charge - even though it was my error.<br> <br>I ordered a torque screwdriver and when the mount was returned I torqued to15-17 inch pounds. Mounted it again and went to the range. The charging handle and the quick release on the mount proved to be a pinch point. Removing the mount showed that I could rotate the quick release base 180 degrees. After rotating it and remounting it has proven to be very stable in spite of me.</p><p>You can remove the base to torque the studs without interference.</p><p>The SCAR doesn't need the extended model (with this scope), but I thought if I ever want to move it to an AR it will be handy.</p><p>Edit for format and spelling.</p><p> </p>

Edited by MI_Packer

I have a Bobro extended - I think it is a fantastic mount. The locking mechanism is genius and the whole thing is rock solid. Correct torque settings are 15-18 in/lb, you get a small tube of the weak loctite to apply.

I also have an ADM mount and a Larue mount - equally great mounts. By way of comparison I'd say Bobro has them beat on the superb QD mechanism; the ADM and Larue has the Bobro beat on ease of mounting due to the side split rings - on the Bobro one of the screws is hard to to torque correctly with the screws being on the underside the base gets in the way. All nitpicky points to be honest; at the end of the day all these mounts hold your scope rock solid.

Pic:

P1010358-1.jpg

I use Bobro mounts and have found them to be excellent in both the quality and finish. I prefer them over all others at the moment.

Edited by cold

• 1 month later...

Ive got Bobro mounts on all of my AR's. Im currently running the mount on my 16" gun for 3 gun, until my JT is built. I was running Larue on everything, and quickly changed over after getting my hands on my first Bobro. Buy it and dont look back!

DSC00506.jpg

Ive got Bobro mounts on all of my AR's. Im currently running the mount on my 16" gun for 3 gun, until my JT is built. I was running Larue on everything, and quickly changed over after getting my hands on my first Bobro. Buy it and dont look back!

DSC00506.jpg

+1 I Bought the Bobro and have never regretted it. I use it on my 18" barreled 3 gun AR and love it. Would not hesitate to purchase another for my next build.

Last month I finished a three gun build. I ended up purchasing two Bobro mounts for it. A 1 inch extra extended mount and a 30mm extended mount. I have attached the 30mm to my TAC30 and the 1 inch to a Simmons 6-20x50 for load development and small pest control. I have been very impressed by how easily you can switch the gun from scope to scope so easily and holding zero. I have essentially two seperate rifles thanks to the simplicity and repeatability of the bobro mounts.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Trijicon rebranded BOBRO 30 extended and while it holds my TR24 very secure, I had to flip the mount to get my cat tail to clear and I just can't seem to get enough eye relief to be comfortable on my 3G1. I've got an LT109 on the way to see if there is any difference. If the LT works out, I'll keep the BOBRO for a long range scope for load dev and lobbing bullets across the holler at my range.

Mac

• 2 weeks later...

The Bobro QD mechanism is the best in the field. It will detach from one rifle and mount to a different rifle/picatinny rail without adjustment and be rock solid tight. Also the "return to zero" is within 1/2 to 1 MOA.

Couple things I've noticed about the Bobro mounts... First thing I noticed was how beautifully manufactured they are! Next, the ring screws are vertical (i.e. the rings are split horizontally) and I prefer Larue's vertically split rings which make it easy to get a great installation. However, how often do you mount your optic in its rings? The base of the Bobro is a little wider than you'd expect, so depending on how you set up your cat tail it might get in the way -- someone above mentioned he had to flip the base because of this.

In the end, I mount my optics and leave them there, and I still prefer LaRue, but Bobro mounts are definitely impressive.

• 2 weeks later...

I love my Bobro.I love the lock, and admire the amount of thought and detail that went into it. I owned an American Defense before the Bobro which is nice as well.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the major three top dog mount makers.

Edited by JaeOne3345